PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

elnene20 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WinMo Being Phased Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
Do people still believe everything they are told?
Its not that I believe everything that I am told! But I thought it was something worth mentioning since it does make sense. Look around you! Theres alot of droid stuff out there...I remember when Droid first came out, There was a topic here of wether to give it its own forum or not! Well guess what? It does have one now and its still going. Not that I am a Droid fan, but its the way the scales are tipping....Well to me it seems that way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
he feeding you one of the cornies lines. Shoudl have fired back "if thats true how come on verzions website the touch pro 2 is still listed?" and how come sprint and tmobile and AT&t are also still selling the devices? After he gives you yet another lame answer u proceed to leave and tell him to get a new job.
It wasnt that he was feeding me any corny lines...He just told me that they do not carry that phone in the stores and that phone was being discontinued incuding WinMo. But if I really wanted that particular phone it would have to be ordered. So he did not try to coarse me into any other phone but just simply stated why go with WinMo when they are being phased out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
who needs the support of microsoft when we have the support of ppcgeeks and xda-dev's???
Couldn't agree more!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

cddmh is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to cddmh

Ok, so I read the whole thread and now I am going to try to make a point that nobody else has made. You can't watch a television show on any channel across the cable spectrum with out seeing at least 1 Droid from Verizon ad. I am a truck driver and the billboards are everywhere nationwide. Verizon is treating droid as Att treated the IPhone. They are going to push you towards the Droids and Android OS to recoup their ad monies. Sprint did the same thing with the Instinct. I went to go get my TP1 and when the corporate store didn't have it yet, the tech tried to con me into an Instinct by claiming it was The IPhone killer. My love for HTC and my hatred of Samsung made the decision easier. I digress.
I don't believe that Microsoft is phasing out the WinMo OS because there is too many business users out there. I would venture to say that 80 percent of the TP2 users are business men that just use the phone as is.
As for lagging, I have some apps that I have collected over my years of enjoying windows phones and I don't see the lagging problem. But I guess I am old school and figure that if you don't try to drive a car faster than it was meant to go, you wont have problems.
As for Verizon getting IPhone next year, the real truth is that it was offered to Sprint and Verizon first. Neither company wanted the phone due to networks. Apple wanted it to have GSM capabilities so it could be sold round the world. Sprint and Verizon passed. Good Luck multitasking with it.
Sorry for the rambling, but I just wanted to input my opinion. I am just a truck driver, What do I know?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddmh View Post
Ok, so I read the whole thread and now I am going to try to make a point that nobody else has made. You can't watch a television show on any channel across the cable spectrum with out seeing at least 1 Droid from Verizon ad. I am a truck driver and the billboards are everywhere nationwide. Verizon is treating droid as Att treated the IPhone. They are going to push you towards the Droids and Android OS to recoup their ad monies. Sprint did the same thing with the Instinct. I went to go get my TP1 and when the corporate store didn't have it yet, the tech tried to con me into an Instinct by claiming it was The IPhone killer. My love for HTC and my hatred of Samsung made the decision easier. I digress.
I don't believe that Microsoft is phasing out the WinMo OS because there is too many business users out there. I would venture to say that 80 percent of the TP2 users are business men that just use the phone as is.
As for lagging, I have some apps that I have collected over my years of enjoying windows phones and I don't see the lagging problem. But I guess I am old school and figure that if you don't try to drive a car faster than it was meant to go, you wont have problems.
As for Verizon getting IPhone next year, the real truth is that it was offered to Sprint and Verizon first. Neither company wanted the phone due to networks. Apple wanted it to have GSM capabilities so it could be sold round the world. Sprint and Verizon passed. Good Luck multitasking with it.
Sorry for the rambling, but I just wanted to input my opinion. I am just a truck driver, What do I know?
I applaud you, I think your absolutely correct.

And to add to that, to say winmo is being "phased" out is the equivalent of mr. Bill Gates saying microsoft is going out of business.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

not all winmo devices are phones. therefore they would not end up being winphone devices...

think ipad in reverse... remember M$ made the portable computing market possible with all thier hard work the last 10+ years.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
not all winmo devices are phones. therefore they would not end up being winphone devices...

think ipad in reverse... remember M$ made the portable computing market possible with all thier hard work the last 10+ years.
I'm not sure if that was directed to my statement I made, but I was already of that lol, and their phones are doing quite well, up until the last year, recently HTC has been doing hella commercials(for example, the HD2) , and in like 2008 I don't recall ever seeing one commercial.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

IsmaelPR1 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: WinMo Being Phased Out

I too must applaud you and also personally agree with your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddmh View Post

"
Never regret anything that made you smile..."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2