PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: If you want more ring time before voicemail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I thought this just changed the tower polling interval...?
yep, that's all it does: shorten the amount of time before your phone actually rings. ie: normally when someone calls you on their end it rings about 1-2 times before your phone actually rings. setting this to "0" will remove that delay but one downside is it can lower battery life as your phone polls the tower more frequently to check for incoming calls.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its on the carrier side no way youre going to change it
Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

found this in a hd2 thread and it might work.. someone wanna give it a try and let us know if it works..

For those who find that an incoming call goes too quickly to voicemail and does not give you enough time to answer it you can increase the delay up to 30 seconds now. Go to Settings, Personal Tab, Phone, Services, Call Forwarding and Get Settings. You can change the delay from 5 to 30 seconds under the forwarding option. If that does not work based on your carrier, try this:
reg edit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneCallFwd
change "DelaySeconds" value to 30 which should indicate 30 seconds.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Go to Settings, Personal Tab, Phone, Services, Call Forwarding and Get Settings. You can change the delay from 5 to 30 seconds under the forwarding option. .

My phone does not have that setting (in either settings or the registry).

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 04-27-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

By the way, I went through this with my original TP & never found an answer (I don't think there is one & I tried EVERYTHING).

My TP2 has never given me a problem with this, but I really don't think any setting you make will make any noticeable difference.

~John
Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
My phone does not have that setting (in either settings or the registry).

~John
I don't have those options either(stock sprint 6.5). This probably only works on gsm networks.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

Scenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScenemaker is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Let me clear something up here. Features such as voicemail, call forwarding (which is what your service uses when you don't answer a call to FORWARD it to your voicemail box), caller ID, call waiting and a few others are all network based services. None of which have anything to do with your device. Now I know some people will say, but my phone takes the number from caller ID and displays the appropriate contact. Yes this is true, however the actual caller ID function that determines what number is calling you is still network side, not device side.

Now how does this pertain to the question at hand? Well, there is no setting available in any device to change how many times it rings before FORWARDING to voicemail. Again, forwarding is set by the carrier. Now, is it possible for a carrier to allow a *function to change the network settings for this or any other service offered? Yes, but I have not seen the ability to change the number of default rings before it forwards, only to change what number it forwards to. There may be a carrier out there somewhere that does but generally speaking you must contact your carrier and ask them to change this on their end. Typically you want to keep it under 30 seconds before forwarding to voicemail as some carriers will bill you for a minute of service if your phone rings for longer than 29 sec. So in most cases, you will set it to 25 seconds as carriers generally only allow increments of 5 seconds to be set. Again, this is the way MOST carriers in the US work but it may not be true for yours.

Long story short, don't waste your time calling HTC.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

MidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMidwestDrummer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to MidwestDrummer Send a message via MSN to MidwestDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to MidwestDrummer

HTC has absolutely no impact on how long your phone will ring before going to VM. This is a carrier feature. Here at VZW, we used to be able to adjust the ring time. As it now stands, the amount of time a device rings before forwarding the call to voicemail or the "Caller Unavailable" message is 30 seconds. Due to platform upgrades in the voicemail system, adjusting the ring time is no longer supported in any VZW market.

As Scenemaker stated, there is abosolutely no point in calling HTC.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Has there been any chnage in the inability to alter voicemail delay? I now have GoogleVoice and am using their mailbox, which works better with a longer delay (they say)... although seems to work fine as is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2