PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   WM6.5 causing issued in 3rd party apps-HELP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119253)

byPalmHiWM 04-26-2010 10:13 AM

WM6.5 causing issued in 3rd party apps-HELP

Since upgrading to WM6.5 on my Spring TP2 I have lost many functions in 3rd party apps (particularly Agenda One Fusion and HanDbase); scrolling, drag'ndrop, date selection (calendar is now huge-5-6 times size of the screen). From what I can gather this may be a "SmartTouch" issue? Anyone experinced this?

byPalmHiWM 04-26-2010 01:53 PM

Re: WM6.5 causing issued in 3rd party apps-HELP

OK, so am I the only one having an issue with scrolling, selecting a date in 3rd party apps after the 6.5 upgrade?

boredandtattooed 04-26-2010 02:02 PM

dont you mean your 3rd party apps caused issues with 6.5... dont blame the OS, since were not even suppose to download any 3rd party apps without voiding our warranties... theres nothing that told you all your stuff would work when you upgraded to 6.5.. you took that risk...

sorry to hear not all your apps are working properly now though

byPalmHiWM 04-26-2010 03:23 PM

Well if you want to get technical. Although, without 3rd party apps, paper and pencil would almost work as well, calendar shows "bars" on weekly veiw? what bar is what??? I need to see the actual text, and on month view as well.... anyway, that is just one of a dozen or more shortcomings in the standared os. Point is, things were working fine, device froze and had to be hard reset- so went ahead with upgrade at that point- and now MANY things don't work.
That's the life of using a HHDevice.

sl8763 04-26-2010 06:13 PM

Have you contacted the company support for these applications to see whether there are updated versions that are 6.5 compatible? If a program doesn't support an OS, that's not really the fault of the operating system. It probably would have been best for you to research application compatibility before doing the upgrade.

I think a downgrade is possible though to 6.1 if the importance of those programs outweighs the benefits to you of 6.5, or if there are no replacement options.

coppertop24 04-26-2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1720131)
dont you mean your 3rd party apps caused issues with 6.5... dont blame the OS, since were not even suppose to download any 3rd party apps without voiding our warranties... theres nothing that told you all your stuff would work when you upgraded to 6.5.. you took that risk...

sorry to hear not all your apps are working properly now though

Agreed. Dont blame the OS for lack of support from a 3rd party dev. As someone else said, look and see if there is an updated version of the program. Devs write to support an OS, not vice-versa.

nrfitchett4 04-27-2010 02:54 AM

sprint 6.1 is available in the stickies section of the cdma custom ROMs.