PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Loading HTC Sense.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119170)

JokeZony0u 04-25-2010 02:45 PM

Loading HTC Sense....

So recently, I've been having some major problems with loading HTC Sense...

It would literally get stuck on the "Loading HTC Sense..." screen for long periods of time and would freeze.

I know some of you are thinking its a rom problem, but it's actually happening to me over a large scope of roms. I've flashed the Mightrom, Zone's, Mr. X, Energy (etc..) just to see if it would happen and it would constantly happen over and over again.

I have used Task 29 each time to clear storage as well. After it happening so many times, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has the problem I have and some speculations as to what you guys think the problem is. I've also tried turning HTC Sense on and off in settings but that would result in my phone freezing up. This only happens when I do a soft reset and even though my phone is running slowly after 2 days, I don't want to reset it since I really hate having to reset my phone 10+ times for HTC Sense to load properly. I would leave it on for more than 10 minutes and it would still be stuck on the Loading screen (with the bottom icons gone, like it normally disappears when Sense loads)

I can't imagine it being a hardware problem either...but I've considered going to the Sprint store to replace it, but I can't go in and say that "This isn't loading custom roms properly". I have no clue what's going on

deadwrong03 04-25-2010 03:30 PM

Re: Loading HTC Sense....

mines doesnt freeze but it says loading htc sense, but when that happens for longer than usual if i hit start then hit home it fixes the problem and loads up htc sense right there

boredandtattooed 04-25-2010 03:57 PM

i just had this happen the other day... when i took out my sd card, it would load like it should so i knew it had to be something from my card.. the culprit ending up being having TF3D boost checked in the Diamond Tweak ultility.. unchecked it, restarted, all is well.. dunno if you use diamond tweak but if you do, make sure that setting is Not checked

muyoso 04-25-2010 04:20 PM

For me, it was the fact that I had 800 emails synced on the TP2. It doesn't matter if you disable the email tab altogether either. So now I have it sync only the last 7 days of email and download the entire message, instead of ALL of the email and the entire message. Used to take 3-4 minutes to launch sense, now it takes around 10 seconds.

JokeZony0u 04-25-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muyoso (Post 1718537)
For me, it was the fact that I had 800 emails synced on the TP2. It doesn't matter if you disable the email tab altogether either. So now I have it sync only the last 7 days of email and download the entire message, instead of ALL of the email and the entire message. Used to take 3-4 minutes to launch sense, now it takes around 10 seconds.

Do you really think this is the problem? I have over 1000...lol but it's never happened before and I've always had over 1000

JokeZony0u 04-25-2010 07:56 PM

Awesome, it's happening again- RIGHT NOW. This is annoying. I've so far done 7 soft resets after waiting 5 minutes each time. It's simply not loading WTF

mhunt3 05-07-2010 07:55 AM

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I thought it had to do with the cleanup cab because after a hard reset and not installing the cleanup cab, the problem went away for about a month. You guessed it...it's back. The only way that I can get my phone to work is to hard reset. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cicatrize 05-07-2010 11:09 AM

I had this happen a lot when I was using PIM Backup contacts from older ROMs that had favorite contacts set. I cleared out all the "Notes" on my contacts, clear storage, and haven't had the issue since. Although I'm afraid to add contacts to favorites now...

Rager02 05-07-2010 12:38 PM

from the start menu go into all the folders possible there should be a folder/file named "cache" when you locate it go to windows/startmenu/programs with file explorer go to the right folder and delete it.then soft reset and it should load fine.this might be whats causing it it has happen to me several times,after deleting cache it was fixed hope this helps.

Technix2002 05-07-2010 03:58 PM

I'll put in my 2ยข as well, my 16GB Sandisk MicroSD kept corrupting files. It seemed that this was causing issues with only Manila 2.5 on nearly every ROM I tried except the Plutonium one. Since then I swapped my memory card and I haven't seen animation corruption nor Manila 2.5 lock ups. You'd think that Manila only uses files in main memory, but it must be reading (probably caching media files)/writing to the memory card. I've also seen Advanced Config (namely when changing paths to point to my SD card instead of main memory) and HDTweak (when changing left soft key to contacts) causing Manila 2.5 to lock up. I'm now trying to leave things alone as much as I can.