PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Loading HTC Sense....

Finally realized the large amount of emails was the actual cause for everything. It's ridiculous that we can't have a lot of emails...geez
Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mhunt3 is just getting started

Yeah, 3006 emails was the cause for me too. Deleted emails and the problem went away.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Awesome, it's happening again- RIGHT NOW. This is annoying. I've so far done 7 soft resets after waiting 5 minutes each time. It's simply not loading WTF
how about deleting your email accounts, soft reset and see if the problem persists.
process of elimination.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:23 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Finally realized the large amount of emails was the actual cause for everything. It's ridiculous that we can't have a lot of emails...geez
you can't have your emails and sense too. guess you'll have to figure out which is more important.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
I'll put in my 2ยข as well, my 16GB Sandisk MicroSD kept corrupting files. It seemed that this was causing issues with only Manila 2.5 on nearly every ROM I tried except the Plutonium one. Since then I swapped my memory card and I haven't seen animation corruption nor Manila 2.5 lock ups. You'd think that Manila only uses files in main memory, but it must be reading (probably caching media files)/writing to the memory card. I've also seen Advanced Config (namely when changing paths to point to my SD card instead of main memory) and HDTweak (when changing left soft key to contacts) causing Manila 2.5 to lock up. I'm now trying to leave things alone as much as I can.
I thought advanced config was more geared to gsm phones and could mess up cdma versions????
Old 05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yea, this is almost for sure related to the massive amounts of emails most of us have downloaded on the phone. I dont know what Sense does while its launching, but its almost like its caching the emails for the email tab, even if the tab is disabled.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 AM
N00b

mhunt3 is just getting started

How go you set up your phone to sync only the last 7 days of emails? I am currently using Yahoo for email and can't find that setting. My phone wants to sync all of the messages in my inbox, which is >3000.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

i had the same problem and now it's completely gone, the fix: for some reason, i had to remove all my favorite contacts(so that the boxes are blank, don't delete the contacts). once they're removed, go into each contact(edit), then click on the notes section. if the notes page are filled with code, delete all the code, then you can re-enter them as favorites. this was a problem with the leo that htc put an update to fix on there website. it has something to do with syncing your contacts with active sync from sense 2.1 to sense 2.5. here's a link to a pocketnow article explaining the issue and fix http://pocketnow.com/software-1/bug-...tact-favorites

no matter how unrelated this may sound to your issue, it might work. trust me, i had the "loading htc sense" frozen screen issue atleast twice a day and now it's been over 1 month without 1 problem
Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

wz5257 is a n00b

Thanks, joeyc. This worked for me. I've been ROM'ing for a few months now and have tried multiple ROMs. I found some that I liked, but would switch b/c of Sense locking up. I've been digging through PPCGeeks and XDA forums searching for an answer and this one seems to have been THE FIX for me. Obviously, the cause of my problem was the moving from ROM to ROM and having the code pile up in the Notes section of my Contacts. Since I've cleaned up my Contacts, I haven't had any freeze ups. Thanks for contributing!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wz5257 View Post
Thanks, joeyc. This worked for me. I've been ROM'ing for a few months now and have tried multiple ROMs. I found some that I liked, but would switch b/c of Sense locking up. I've been digging through PPCGeeks and XDA forums searching for an answer and this one seems to have been THE FIX for me. Obviously, the cause of my problem was the moving from ROM to ROM and having the code pile up in the Notes section of my Contacts. Since I've cleaned up my Contacts, I haven't had any freeze ups. Thanks for contributing!

I'm glad it resolved your issue, if you have anymore questions/issues, please don't hesitate to p/m me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2