PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Re: lag issue with text messaging (SOLVED), at least works for me

Why do people need to save thousands of text messages? Text memories? To remember all the hours they spent sitting there and texting someone? Lol F-IDK... They read'em like a book cause theres so many of them. Hehe.. I saved a few hundred a couple time and have them stored on my old card. Not sure why, guess I can delete them cause they are just wasting space anyway.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ATT Tilt 2
Carrier: ATT

AngelDeath is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
Just sharing my experiences and I'm not sure if this is relevant.
I personally have more than 5000 text messages stored on my TP2. Back when I only had 2000 it already lagged like no tomorrow, so I decided to put the texts all in folders. Let's say make a folder for each individual sender. As we'll mostly only be browsing through our inbox, it wouldn't lag at all since the *however many texts* would all be stored in folders and not in the inbox.
Okay being pretty HTC savvy, please explain in the HTC Messaging App, how you create folders like you say? And do I presume you move them mannually to these folders. I seen this a second time (First time on another forum) and would love to know how thats possible.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:32 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
Black book for the quickies? hehehe. Why people transfer their txt messages is beyond me. I just copied the Pim.vol file from my old .. to my new. Got my contacts and call history. People say txt messages is also in Pim file, but everytime I ever copied a Pim file over, there were never any text messages added from that time.

I didn't like threaded text messaging. Too much BS with the unread text messages constantly showing up. Had to directly click on every message back and forth to get the indicator to decrease.

Phone is a bit laggy now than when I first started it back in October. Could be the text messages. Folder option is handy if you have many messages from different people. However, if most is from one person, such as your GF or what not then it would not be too convenient. Though I suppose you could date the folders.

I honestly dont know why text messages bog down Windows Mobile. It must be the way it does some kind of constant search through all of the messages, because messaging isn't sitting there and gobbling up memory. I had this same problem on my Q9M. Wasnt killing memory but too many text messages would slow down the phone to a halt (3000 or so) . Then it took the phone almost 45 minutes straight to finish deleting them all.... sheeesh.
my q9c text messaging problem was linked to it trying to save every word you ever typed so that it could suggest it to you at a later date. I wonder if this phone is doing the same thing, then it is searching through 1000's of words while you are typing.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:50 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
AngelDeath:
Tap "All Messages"
Menu>Tools>Manage Folders
Tap and hold on the root sms folder to create a new folder

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2