PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm Board with the TP2

I DID get confused when I saw the title. But back to the topic, Im bored with it too but the family guy episodes I loaded up on it made it fun!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I am bored with mine as well. I liked my wife's Moment so much I sold mine on Ebay in less than 12 hours as a "Buy it now" for the price I wanted. I turned around and bought a Moment.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

I think Android is pretty fun once you get used to it, I really like the Espresso / Rosie combo and just recently put that on my hero. Its nice and all because you know, even though you don't have a physical keyboard, if you get lazy you can just talk through google voice or w/e and it will write down whatever you said! Plus the capacitive keyboard is almost fast at times but still never a replacement for the TP2 Keyboard which is just beautiful, I can't stand the Moment's keyboard.. Stupid space next to all the characters ugh.. But the Moment looks beautiful..

So in conclusion, it really comes down to what you need.. If you have any questions about the Moment or Hero, feel free to ask as I can tell you from a first-hand experience. Both are rooted and running custom firmware.

Also if you want to see what Rosie / Espresso is like, try using it on your TP2 first, if you like it then think about the Evo 4G (If 4G is in your area then even better!) I think that the new Sense UI for Android is one of the best things ever in terms of mobile UI's
Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Come on guys, no need to attack one another. The site is to discuss our phones and improve them. We can all learn from eachother, so there's no reason to argue personal issues

[I'm a bit of a grammar nazi myself, so I must say that "your" was the correct in this case because it is a possessive pronoun ]

Just remember to respect your fellow smartphone users!

Last edited by [sammich]; 04-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Since y'all don't understand me when I try to be friendly about asking you to move on, I'll say it a bit more clearly:

Stop attacking eachother, and stop making off-topic posts. Next time it happens, this thread will be closed.

Capiche?

Oh, and useless posts have been deleted, so that's why posts are missing if you were wondering.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by % saumaun " View Post
Since y'all don't understand me when I try to be friendly about asking you to move on, I'll say it a bit more clearly:

Stop attacking eachother, and stop making off-topic posts. Next time it happens, this thread will be closed.

Capiche?

Oh, and useless posts have been deleted, so that's why posts are missing if you were wondering.
Uh, yes-uh boss!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jasonrrob is a n00b

I was having the same issue with my Touch Pro2, I found that all my time was spent trying to make it work. I'd flash a new rom, then have to spend an hour getting mms or other issues resolved. But I found the solution...Silence Rom. This rom made my TP2 FAST to the point where it's usable, dare I say even...enjoyable.

I think this rom is going to allow me to make it to the end of my current contract with VZW so I won't have to pay full retail for the Incredible. Which is what I would have done had I not found Silence Rom. Who knows, maybe this rom will give me the patience needed to wait for WP7...

When all else fails, Andriod 2.1 with sense is pretty fun to tinker with to pass the time.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I too became bored with my TP2 so I gave it to my girlfriend and bought a Samsung Moment. Don't get me wrong, I really liked my TP2 I just got tired of the limited things I could find to keep me entertained. The TP2 in my opinion is a rock solid phone, I didn't have any hardware problems with it nor any complaints as far as speed and ability of the phone, I just wanted something that I thought I would get more enjoyment from whether it be a new challenge or just other things to try with a new phone.
I don't regret giving up the phone for a Samsung Moment, my girlfriend really enjoys the TP2 (with MightyROM).
Now that Calkulin is developing ROMS for the Moment, it makes it even more exciting for me to play with... an advantage is that I don't find myself rebooting the phone as often as I used to reboot my TP2. Google integration is a pretty nice feature too, this phone has third party Exchange support and Android 2.1 Eclair has built-in Exchange support. We're just waiting for the official release of 2.1 from Sprint. Android is stable and the Moment's AMOLED is a sight to see. If you're willing to make the switch, I'd suggest switching to any Android phone, you won't be disappointed. The reason I picked the Moment was because it has a hardware keyboard the AMOLED was a great surprise too...
I hope that you can decide what it is you're looking to get from a phone first and then finding the phone that will suit your needs. Again, I still think the TP2 is a great phone, I just happen to like my Samsung Moment better...
Best of luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2