PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

elephant head is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I'm Board with the TP2

This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

i had the samsung moment for a few days..got bored to tears with it...i realize that how i was trying to set it up was exactly how my TP2 was set up..the Android market isnt what i thought it would be..and as far as games go it has NOTHING on the iphone one..the only thing i liked was that the moment was very fast..thats the only thing i wish my TP2 was..and that it had the streamlined google calendar..like that of the moment..other than that ill stick with WM...the HTC sense of the hero may have made a difference in my liking of Android...the bare android 1.5 or even 2.1 isnt anything to write home about..
Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh8812 View Post
i had the samsung moment for a few days..got bored to tears with it...i realize that how i was trying to set it up was exactly how my TP2 was set up..the Android market isnt what i thought it would be..and as far as games go it has NOTHING on the iphone one..the only thing i liked was that the moment was very fast..thats the only thing i wish my TP2 was..and that it had the streamlined google calendar..like that of the moment..other than that ill stick with WM...the HTC sense of the hero may have made a difference in my liking of Android...the bare android 1.5 or even 2.1 isnt anything to write home about..
well then you'd have to compare your android experience with stock winmo 6.1 or 6.5. android is just as customizable as winmo. there are many home replacements that make android a cleaner more customizable (and personal) experience. and personally i think its important to note that winmo is dying a slow painful death. there are still some amazing devs backing it up offering very nice ui's to cover up winmos ugly face, but the simple fact is is that eventually it will be old news and be barely supported by anyone other than independent devs. android has so much room to grow. and it will continue to evolve. therefore i think when looking toward the future it would be a wiser idea to give android a shot at least. but on the other hand winmo is great for some people, i just got tired of it. and for the aforementioned reasons i will be getting an incredible!
Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone come to the conclusion it isn't the phone but the carrier? I mean the majority in this thread is sprint (One Verizon and one T Mobile) and if you go back a few pages you will see a "Smash my TP2" thread started by another Sprint customer. I like the TP2, it was fast with my stock rom, it is even faster with the custom ROM, and if I ever start to get bored with it, I will try a few more custom ROM, by the time I run out of different ROM and configurations then the TP3 (or maybe an Android) will be out and at USCC, then I will switch to it. (I have had Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. I like USCC the best) There is only one thing I don't like about the TP2 and that is they took away the flash the TP1 had. Also I noticed that some TP2's have a front camera for conference calls. But I suppose that is a carrier type thing, some can't have the cake and eat it too. USCC you can't talk and be on the internet.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
didnt mean its the same, just asked if you played with it.
I have... wnt the real thing.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPC

Zing Zing is becoming a great contributor

according to my research 98.2% of users return back to windows just after a few weeks on other platforms. please don't ask me for sources. its my own research.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i was bored n tired of my phone till i dl cookie home tab & the editor. its nothin major & many probably already flash the hell outta their phones & also screwed with this but im a basic kinda guy with phones but this made my phone nice to look at again. for now at least lol
Old 04-25-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
well then you'd have to compare your android experience with stock winmo 6.1 or 6.5. android is just as customizable as winmo. there are many home replacements that make android a cleaner more customizable (and personal) experience. and personally i think its important to note that winmo is dying a slow painful death. there are still some amazing devs backing it up offering very nice ui's to cover up winmos ugly face, but the simple fact is is that eventually it will be old news and be barely supported by anyone other than independent devs. android has so much room to grow. and it will continue to evolve. therefore i think when looking toward the future it would be a wiser idea to give android a shot at least. but on the other hand winmo is great for some people, i just got tired of it. and for the aforementioned reasons i will be getting an incredible!
id probably be willing to give it another try with HTC Sense built in..the Hero doesnt offer a hardware keyboard so i wasnt willing to use it..i missed my weather clock, calendar tab, facebook integration into the contact list, htc peep, and the music tab, the most..
Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
you act like windows phone 7 isn't coming out in the next couple of months..... and that winmo has been discontinued.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:22 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; XDANDROID Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Okay, so I still use my TP2 since September (when it first came out on Verizon). I always swore that I would keep a hardware keyboard (The TP2 spoiled me). Recently, my bro got the HD2, and I almost switched, except I don't want T-Mobile. So I was considering getting the Incredible and pre-ordering. I put the Android OS on my TP2 (I believe it is v2.01. My bro has the Moto Droid, and he has v2.1, and he says it has small differences). Well, it's a nice and smooth OS. The Facebook app is awesome (WM FB app SUCKS!!!). A few other features are very nice (multi-tasking seems to be smooth). I recommend everyone "board" (LOL) with WM, to definitely try this. It's stable and smooth enough. Just no Bluetooth, Camera, MMS, GPS. No biggie for testing.

So, I'm noticing, Android seems like an App OS. Reminds me of an iPhone. There really isn't anything to it - at all. Just apps apps apps. That's one thing I like about WM (albeit it's main feature is it's downfall - there's so much to it). Android just seems too simple. I feel like I don't have a "full" phone. But maybe because I'm so used to WM (I've been using it for 4 years).

I'm reading Android is "just as customizable as Windows Mobile". Well, I don't know what that means. That I have to flash and skin the OS? I think the main thing about the HTC Incredible that makes it attractive to me (aside from hardware) is the HTC Sense. Otherwise, Android seems, well, boring.

What can I do to customize Android? I suppose I'll check out the Android forums and see the ROMs and skins. But will it be like the iPhone - when customized and skinned, it becomes buggy and "WM" like? My bro unlocked and skinned his iPhone to have the HTC clock, and other stuff, and was complaining about it locking up and freezing. Well, that just defeats the main feature of Android - it's seamless and smooth user interface. I suppose I should keep at it. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying Android (I'm even posting this on my TP2 using Android), and I do like it, but I'm not convinced I like it more than WM.

I recommend everyone try Android on their TP2. Check out the sub-froums. There are single cab file installs that make Android porting on the TP2 so easy. Just one cab install (that's what I did). And try it out. See what you think. I hope my comment helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2