PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

joker4674 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HAVA 1/26/10 Update

myhava . com / havamobile_wm . html
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: HAVA 1/26/10 Update

may wanna fix the link.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Noobsauce
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

CellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPCellGuy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

He doesn't have enough posts to put up links.

That being said, I have no clue what HAVA is. So now I have to google this to find out what it is and what it does. If you are going to post something like this, say SOMETHING about what the hell you are talking about. Oh and you can't create links yet for good reason. This thread is an excellent example of why there are restrictions.
how about, "superholyshitohmygodseriouslyyouguyslookatthis*** *ingmasterpieceivecreated"?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

A HAVA does the same thing as a Slingbox except the Slingbox is MUCH higher quality (I have owned both & will never buy another HAVA)

~John
Old 01-27-2010, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

WORKING LINK
Old 01-27-2010, 03:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

barfly is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
A HAVA does the same thing as a Slingbox except the Slingbox is MUCH higher quality (I have owned both & will never buy another HAVA)

~John
From what I see on the hava forums is the only drawback was the client and workaround to get hava working in landscape. Do you have any examples of quality difference between the two?

From just a consumer perspective Hava is the cheaper of the two and free mobile client vs $29 for the Sling mobile client?

Thx
Old 01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

I didn't mean the video quality, that is fine (it is a hair better than a Slingbox on a phone)

I had three defective hardware units in a row (one was DOA right out of the box) however & finally went through absolute hell on earth trying to get a refund from them. Thier CS is awful (most of them speak English as a 2nd or 3rd language)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

barfly is becoming a great contributor

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I will absolutely go with a sling if it means I don't have to talk to any CS person

Thanked!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: USCell

Spelvin is a n00b

TY OP! Been running my woot purchased Hava Titanium on the TP from day one and dig it!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

johnniwalker is a n00b
Smile Re: HAVA 1/26/10 Update

Bought my Hava at least 18 months ago so my son could watch tv remotely without paying for cable. My original box is still working. I bought Hava although I originally wanted the sling for a couple of reasons. 1. Hava did HD out of the box. With sling, you had to purchase a $50 cable. 2. Mobile client was free on Hava, $29 on sling (and I used it on my HTC Mogul while riding the bus).

My son is back home now, but I now watch tv (directv) remotely from an apartment in another city on a laptop connected to a 22 inch screen. It's not as nice as being in front of your tv at home, but it's not bad at all for the savings vs having another dish or cable bill.

Those things may have changed since then but it was a much better deal at the time and I have no regrets with the exception of how long it takes to come out with new mobile clients that support new mobile phones, like my Sprint Touch Pro 2.

I've never needed tech support, but read the forums and you can sense frustration with some issues. I only go to their site to check for updates, and if this one works well, I wont visit their site again until i get a new phone or just need to download the client on a new laptop or pc.

Just thought I'd share my experience.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2