PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 03:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

frodobaggins is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Outlook 2010 64-bit and WMDC Still Don't Work

Office 2010 64-bit and 32-bit have been officially released to the MSDN.

Outlook 2010 64-bit still DOES NOT sync. Thank you Microsoft for NOT taking care of this problem!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Outlook 2010 64-bit and WMDC Still Don't Work

You'll have to wait for an udpate to WMDC. It is due to their add-in being 32bit. Since they WMDC and the Office team aren't the same the Office team wouldn't have fixed it...
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 04-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why use outlook to sync with TP2? I sync with my gmail account, it is easy to set up, it will keep your appointments, contacts, task and email up to date. And if you flash to a different ROM all that is needed is to do is sync with Google and all your contacts and appointments are back. I also use sprite backup to save my email addresses.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

For us business folks. this is a sore issue.. we need our outlook mail. Its a pain that considering how many 64bit systems are out there they cant seem to get off their duff & fix the issue

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I just ran into this problem! I wish I had known! I am so mad now. It keep saying I need to do the Outlook as default email thing.

I just install the 32bit version of Outlook 2010 and now I can sync my contacts and appointments. I cant believe 64 bit Office is not working with TP2!

Last edited by chong67; 05-03-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Carrier: I am :-) Reselling Pageplus > Verizon

bitsmt is a n00b

Heck! I just wiped my phone cause I thought it was the problem. The irony is all my 400+ contacts are in Outlook...

Arrogant Microsoft. May they be bitten by a thousand pengins.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LinkRS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
You'll have to wait for an udpate to WMDC. It is due to their add-in being 32bit. Since they WMDC and the Office team aren't the same the Office team wouldn't have fixed it...
Hi Frazell,

Microsoft does not recommend that most users use the 64-bit version of Office. The default install is supposed to be 32-bit, due to compatibility issues. Check out this site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...476.aspx?CTT=1

It seems that the best reason to use 64-bit Office is when you need or use large Excel or Access files (2 GB or greater), otherwise, the 32-bit edition should be fine. Why are you using the 64-bit version, because you can? Good luck!

Rich S.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

schick79 is just getting started

Just stumbled upon this thread by accident. I installed Office 2010 yesterday and was surprised that I wasn't having this issue. Found out I unknowingly installed the 32-bit version. Probably for the best after reading about all of this.

However, I did some further researching, and found some possibly bad news for those who want to keep their 64-bit version for whatever reason. I bought my copy through the Ultimate Steal promotion, so I downloaded my install source. The Readme file links back to a document on Microsoft's website which can be found here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sh...101793215.aspx

Here's the excerpt you won't like:
Outlook 2010

Question/Issue
  • Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) no longer syncs with Outlook when 64-bit Outlook 2010 is installed on 64-bit Windows.
  • WMDC also no longer syncs with Outlook if you are using a Click-to-Run installation of Outlook.
  • Upgrading 32-bit Outlook 2007 to 64-bit Outlook 2010 could also result in data loss during first sync with WMDC.
  • The WMDC will not be upgraded to work with 64-bit Outlook 2010 or Outlook Click-to-Run.
Answer/Workaround
  • If you need the functionality of WMDC and you have already installed 64-bit Outlook 2010 or Click-to-Run, uninstall Office 2010 and install the standard installation of 32-bit Office 2010.
  • Otherwise, install the standard installation of 32-bit Office 2010 if you want to continue to use WMDC.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:24 PM
LDBecker

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Outlook Mobile 2010?

Oh great... just ordered Office 2010.

So... 32 bit install on my Vista 64 pc? Is that the way to go?

And what about Outlook Mobile 2010? Is that even available for TP2 on Windows Mobile 6.1? Or will Outlook 2010 sync with the TP2 as is?

Thanks!

Larry Becker
Old 07-07-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Yes, if you search online most every expert is saying just install the 32 bit version.

We run in a 64 bit environment with Server R2 64bit, Win7 64 bit, and exchange 2010 64 bit. Even with all that, 32 bit was preferred.

If you read most articles on the net, the experts are saying unless you constantly run 2gb or larger Excel spreadsheets or other applications over 2gb, it's not needed.

Radio: 2.35.00WF

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2