PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you tried to use Sprint Data Roaming after 2/10 in Switz, Greece, or Nlands
Yes, it worked for me in one of those countries. 0 0%
No, it didn't work for me in one or more of those coutries 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

MacWilder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Are Sprint international data services suspended in Europe?

This is a followup to my recent post, Data in Europe

I am now in Switzerland. While my GMS compatible HTC Pro2 voice services work, the data services are not working, even though I subscribed to an international data plan.. I talked to two Sprint technicians about this issue. The first couldn't figure out the problem and escalated it (I have heard nothing), and the second said that, starting last February, Sprint suspended the data service in at least The Netherlands, Switzerland, and Greece because of fraud issues. I have never heard this before, and there is not a word about this anywhere on the Sprint website, nor in any forums, nor have any of the international reps ever previously said something. My son was in Greece a couple of months ago and he had no troubles with Sprint data services. I have a feeling that this rep is just throwing some bs at me.

But I wanted to check. Could you let me know by a reply post if you have been in Europe and tried to access the mobile data service, and, if so, yes, you had success in accessing data services in Europe or no, you did not have success, and when you had this experiences

Many thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
data in europe, international data