PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM
LDBecker

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Outlook 2010 64-bit and WMDC Still Don't Work

jshaas2,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I run 64 bit Vista mostly for Photoshop-related issues, and I have 12gb of RAM on my Core-i7 pc, so that's the only way to access the additional ram.

However, for Office - I don't run large spreadsheets or make huge docs - but I DO run multiple programs at once, and I do regularly work on multiple huge photo files (130mb per photo with layers, etc., from a 21 mp camera), so I'm stuck in 64 bit Vista.

I THINK I can just install the 32 bit office suite into my 64 bit Vista, right? I had to use the 32 bit Photoshop version that was automatically installed along with the 64 bit version, in order to make use of some plug-ins that I needed.

So... assuming that will work, do I need the Outlook Mobile 2010 software for my TP2? I sync data multiple times a day, and need it off-site frequently.

Thanks again,

Larry
Old 07-07-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

yes, i run similar setups and have MS Office programs open all the time, many at one, many documents at once. I run 8gb of ram on a i5 chip, so we are similar.

even somewhere on Microsoft's Website they say running 32 bit is fine..and yes it works equally as fine on a 64 bit system.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

schick79 is just getting started

I also have Office 2010 on my TP2, and run 32-bit Office 2010 on a 64-bit Win 7 desktop. Have had no problems whatsoever.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsmt View Post
Heck! I just wiped my phone cause I thought it was the problem. The irony is all my 400+ contacts are in Outlook...

Arrogant Microsoft. May they be bitten by a thousand pengins.
You can sync your 400+ contanct to google and then sync back to your touch pro 2 until microsoft fixes this problem. I am glad I did not install office 2010 yet and I won't until Microsoft fixes this problem. You could probably reinstall office 2007 this works for the touch pro 2 on a 64 bit system.

Please don't forget to thank me.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Again read all the MSDN and other forums and articles. Even Microsoft doesnt even suggest the 64bit version. So im not sure they'll be fixing anything. Office 2010 is great as their sales are showing.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

I SOOOOO wish I hadn't missed this thread... Just uninstalled my Office 2007 for 2010... What a crockola... I 'spose WP7 is gonna use something besides WMDC, why else would they not worry about creating 64-bit support?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
You can sync your 400+ contanct to google and then sync back to your touch pro 2 until microsoft fixes this problem. I am glad I did not install office 2010 yet and I won't until Microsoft fixes this problem. You could probably reinstall office 2007 this works for the touch pro 2 on a 64 bit system.
Google Sync doesm't support Outlook 2010... Just found that nice bit of info out...
Old 07-10-2010, 02:49 PM
LDBecker

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Smile Installed 32 bit Office 2010 and am in business again

I just finished getting my TP2 talking with Outlook 2010 - I had to install the 32 bit office, which, as was stated before, Microsoft recommends. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled WMDC from the Microsoft site and it found my TP2, found my old settings, and automatically started to sync. Pretty slick.

I NOW have to sort out how to use the Business Contact Manager, which I hope will give me some additional integration between contacts, appointments and info on the contacts. (an asside, BCM wouldn't install initially - I had to shut off all services on my pc, install it, then turn them back on).

Thanks for all your help on this thread!

Larry Becker
Old 07-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

edit... wrong thread...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2