PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 01:25 AM
edj
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

edj is keeping up the good workedj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great Discovery!!!! - Tip for Bringing Up Contacts From Home Screen

This post is a tip probably mostly for noobs but I had such a great discovery today that I had to share it. Maybe it helps someone.
One thing I missed with the TP2 that I had on the Treo 700wx was that when you were in the home screen you could just start typing someone's name on the keyboard and the phone would automatically start to look up telephone numbers. The one you want pops up, tap and you're off. Very efficient.
Today I wondered if this might work using the TP2's slideout keyboard and it totally works the same way. Course the Treo was more convenient because the keyboard is fixed but I still think this works pretty well and will be faster than just about anything except for a quick link for a contact that I have right on my Home Screen.

Last edited by edj; 04-24-2010 at 01:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 32 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work
Re: Great Discovery!!!! - Tip for Bringing Up Contacts From Home Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
This post is a tip probably mostly for noobs but I had such a great discovery today that I had to share it. Maybe it helps someone.
One thing I missed with the TP2 that I had on the Treo 700wx was that when you were in the home screen you could just start typing someone's name on the keyboard and the phone would automatically start to look up telephone numbers. The one you want pops up, tap and you're off. Very efficient.
Today I wondered if this might work using the TP2's slideout keyboard and it totally works the same way. Course the Treo was more convenient because the keyboard is fixed but I still think this works pretty well and will be faster than just about anything except for a quick link for a contact that I have right on my Home Screen.
I never realized that. yep it works...
Old 04-24-2010, 01:54 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sure does,
and if all you're doing is calling, you can also dial the contacts name into the dialer, for example to call my mom, i dial 666 for m,o,m or 323 for d,a,d
Old 04-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edj View Post
Never noticed this, very nice! Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
sure does,
and if all you're doing is calling, you can also dial the contacts name into the dialer, for example to call my mom, i dial 666 for m,o,m or 323 for d,a,d
This is what I usually do, I love smart dialing. I don't really understand why none of the other major OSes use it (Android, iPhone, WebOS, etc), ah well.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Never noticed this, very nice! Thanks.

This is what I usually do, I love smart dialing. I don't really understand why none of the other major OSes use it (Android, iPhone, WebOS, etc), ah well.
the hero will do it b/c its part of sense but stock android wont
webos has keyboard dial which is nice on the pre but im sure is awesome on the pixi
Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

that used to piss me off on tp1 cuz if i was on the sms screen & slid out the keyboard to start typing the p.o.s would some how go back to the home page after the a second after keyboard slid out & any input which should have been in an sms box would bring that phonebook up.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
sure does,
and if all you're doing is calling, you can also dial the contacts name into the dialer, for example to call my mom, i dial 666 for m,o,m
OOooooo that just sound evil!!!

Puts a new light on "The devil made me do it"

Old 04-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you mean you guys dont hit a letter damn near ever time you slide the keyboard out? i "discovered" this like the first day i had the phone. annoys the crap out of me actually. everytime i open the keyboard the damn dialer pops up!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro2
Carrier: sprintless

touch-this-pro is just getting started

great tip
thanked!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
N00b