PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tp2 question

My dear god! Its been about a little over a week that I have been using my refurbished Tp2 and I am begining to realize its as slow as my Tp1.Even after the 6.5 update, its lacking a terrible amount of horse power. I have a old 6700 that is twice as fast. I did notice the landscape scrolling tear is goon and touchflow sense is a bi smoother but everything else is a bit slower than my TP1. Example is Igo8, runs a bit choppier than my tp1. And google maps street view is slowwwwwww in panning around street view. My friend has the first Google Android phone released last year and his google maps scrolls really smooth panning around street view. Has anyone else noticed this or people just dont care? Im glad I dudnt pay a penny for this phone really. But I do live the screen.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

theres goods & bads. sometimes i feel my phone flys & at others not so much. it freezes at times & it get irritating, but the look of 6.5 is great & i absolutely love the animated weather. i have a love hate relationship with my tp2 lol. i cant stand constant hard resets but I.M.O. its not even comparable to tp1. it blows it away & actually laps it. only thing tp1 had that is better was the flash for camera & the keys on the keyboard(not actual keyboard layout)

Last edited by dumpringz; 04-24-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Tp2 question

The Sprint Update uses a weird version of 6.5. The TP2 is really not meant to utilize Manila 2.5. My advice would to be to try one of NRG's 2.1 roms. The speed difference is unbelievable.

I miss my TP, a way better device
Old 04-24-2010, 02:00 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for the most part, i find my TP2 much faster than the 6700, 6800, and the 6850, i still soft reset every morning before leaving the house but that's just one of WinMo's quirks but i think overall the system runs quicker than any other WinMo phones I've had

interesting thought.... With the 6800, 6850, and 6875, I wonder if the "TP3" or whatever they call it, as the Windows Phone 7 successor will be the PPC 7000
Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

wow, aren't there like 100 threads talking about how bad the tp1 was? didn't all of y'all (or most) get the tp2 free because of all the hardware problems of the tp1?
I never had the tp1, had the q9c and I have to say this is much better than that. But I also say that any version of sense is the problem with most of the lagging on this phone.
I am running a custom ROM and I can get opera5 to open espn mobile in less than 10 seconds. skyfire video is smooth. sprint tv runs without buffering. I couldn't be happier with a phone..... until a sprint 4g slider comes out (even a portrait slider that dell is making).

Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
wow, aren't there like 100 threads talking about how bad the tp1 was? didn't all of y'all (or most) get the tp2 free because of all the hardware problems of the tp1?
I never had the tp1, had the q9c and I have to say this is much better than that. But I also say that any version of sense is the problem with most of the lagging on this phone.
I am running a custom ROM and I can get opera5 to open espn mobile in less than 10 seconds. skyfire video is smooth. sprint tv runs without buffering. I couldn't be happier with a phone..... until a sprint 4g slider comes out (even a portrait slider that dell is making).
there sure are that many threads. I remember horndoc, dr8820 and i all discussing how its funny that the mogul/6800 was to solve every problem the ppc6700 had then a few months later everyone was complaining about the mogul and then the touch pro was to be the answer to our prayers and it was, for a few months, then the tp2 was to solve that and it was amazing for a few months, now everyone just complains and i'm sure when we get word of the TP3 it'll supposed to be the phone we've all been waiting for but a few months after release everyone will be complaining about it
its just an endless cycle of nothing ever being good enough
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
there sure are that many threads. I remember horndoc, dr8820 and i all discussing how its funny that the mogul/6800 was to solve every problem the ppc6700 had then a few months later everyone was complaining about the mogul and then the touch pro was to be the answer to our prayers and it was, for a few months, then the tp2 was to solve that and it was amazing for a few months, now everyone just complains and i'm sure when we get word of the TP3 it'll supposed to be the phone we've all been waiting for but a few months after release everyone will be complaining about it
its just an endless cycle of nothing ever being good enough

I agree. Everyone wants flash, 2Gb RAM, 2Ghz processor, a 20MP camera, 1080p video recording capabilities. With people's expectations of what a smart phone should do, we would be needing a damn car battery to power them.

I love my TP2. Those that tweak it right, the TP2 works amazing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
I agree. Everyone wants flash, 2Gb RAM, 2Ghz processor, a 20MP camera, 1080p video recording capabilities. With people's expectations of what a smart phone should do, we would be needing a damn car battery to power them.

I love my TP2. Those that tweak it right, the TP2 works amazing.
car battery works but i was going to throw in the standard li-ion that will last 10 days under extreme usage and all for $100 on a new contract or for free because they're loyal customers and think they deserve everything for nothing because they pay their $40/month for unlimited everything

sorry, some bad feelings from another thread leaking into this post
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
The Sprint Update uses a weird version of 6.5. The TP2 is really not meant to utilize Manila 2.5. My advice would to be to try one of NRG's 2.1 roms. The speed difference is unbelievable.

I miss my TP, a way better device
I run 2.5 and its fine! TP2 DOES run manila 2.5 without a hitch. I also now cook my own roms and speed is great. You might want to look at the rom your using.. If it's stock.. it sucks.. even the upgrades as they dummy down the software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
for the most part, i find my TP2 much faster than the 6700, 6800, and the 6850, i still soft reset every morning before leaving the house but that's just one of WinMo's quirks
You need to install a good program that actually closes running programs. I did a manual install of ArkSwitch instead of cooking and get better memory use.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
You need to install a good program that actually closes running programs. I did a manual install of ArkSwitch instead of cooking and get better memory use.
actually i'm usually pretty good about staying on top of running programs with the stock program manager, but am willing to try other things as well
i was wondering if you were using ArkSwitch with Sense because as I'm looking at its page on freewareppc it says tap the left side of the upper task bar but thats where my Start is, not at the bottom like it is in the screen shot

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2