PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

vyan28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Automatically Turns off - But doesn't?? Looses service

has anyone had this issue before where the phone automatically turns off (you hear the booting up sound) but the phone doesn't really turn off.

What happens is that when it does that, my phone doesn't have service anymore but you can still play it - just no dialing, no internet. but when you do make a call, a pop up comes up and it prompts

"the phone is turned off, would you like to turn it on?" (something like that)

how do you fix this? I never had so many problems with a phone before. HTC is getting on my nerves.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:43 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: TP2 Automatically Turns off - But doesn't?? Looses service

make sure the long press end key isnt set to turn on airplane mode.. you could be hitting that w/out knowing it
Old 04-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

vyan28 is a n00b

nope, i don't press on it. It just does it by itself. twice already. just sitting on my desk.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

M2CARBINE is a n00b

I noticed mine does it to randomly too. but my net,phone,ect still works.
3500mah Seidio extended 33 hours
Old 04-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

What's happening is the phone is powering down the CDMA radio to save power. Generally it will only do this when the battery is very low, but there is also a setting on some ROMs and some 3rd party programs that will turn off the radio when the phone goes into standby for ultimate battery savings.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyan28 View Post
has anyone had this issue before where the phone automatically turns off (you hear the booting up sound) but the phone doesn't really turn off.

What happens is that when it does that, my phone doesn't have service anymore but you can still play it - just no dialing, no internet. but when you do make a call, a pop up comes up and it prompts

"the phone is turned off, would you like to turn it on?" (something like that)

how do you fix this? I never had so many problems with a phone before. HTC is getting on my nerves.

I cannot say this is your problem but lately i was having an issue where my screen would go dark, the phone appeared powered down, but I couldnt turn it back on with a normal press of the power button. However, it would come back alive if i received a call. So it really was not off. Also, there were afew instances that the volume would mute yet the volume adjustment showed to be turned up. I went in and redid my power saving settings and then also disabled automatic volume control and (knock on wood) have been error free for the last 3 days. I would highly advise checking power saving settings and possibly redoing those and any other tweaks you may have on the battery if you have a custom rom. Good luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2