PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Mail question on TP2 Winmo 6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119006)

Consigliere 04-23-2010 07:09 PM

Mail question on TP2 Winmo 6.5

Ok I did a bit of searching before asking, surprised not to see anyone else with this question..

The Mail on here has no option to save to storage card! And when I download mail attachments (pics) I can't figure out where the hell they are going to. So now my internal phone storage only has like 5MB to spare!

There has got to be a way to save mail attachments automatically to the storage card. Never had this problem on my TP with winmo 6.1, only since I switched over to the TP2 with winmo 6.5 have I not been able to find out how to change the settings. I try to adjust them like before but somehow the option to save to storage card is no where to be found. I gotta be missing something here.. Someone help me out please! Thanks in advance! :scratch:

burtonsnow8 04-23-2010 07:26 PM

Re: Mail question on TP2 Winmo 6.5

there should be an option to save attachments to the storage card. Open up Windows Messaging and the associated e-mail account. Menu > Tools > Options. Click on associated e-mail account and there should be an option for attachments. If not there will be a tab labeled Storage in the options screen. Make sure the option to save to your SD card is selected.

sjs01 04-23-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consigliere (Post 1715895)
Ok I did a bit of searching before asking, surprised not to see anyone else with this question..

The Mail on here has no option to save to storage card! And when I download mail attachments (pics) I can't figure out where the hell they are going to. So now my internal phone storage only has like 5MB to spare!

There has got to be a way to save mail attachments automatically to the storage card. Never had this problem on my TP with winmo 6.1, only since I switched over to the TP2 with winmo 6.5 have I not been able to find out how to change the settings. I try to adjust them like before but somehow the option to save to storage card is no where to be found. I gotta be missing something here.. Someone help me out please! Thanks in advance! :scratch:

On your phone go to Inbox>Menu>(Scroll down)Tools>(Scroll down again)Options. Then near the bottom of the screen there are a few tabs, "Accounts" "Message" "Address" "Storage". Click on Storage then there is a box with a checkmark next to it that says "When available, use this storage card to store attachments". Check that box and click ok and it will start using your storage card for attachments.

Consigliere 04-23-2010 08:58 PM

Ah thanks to the both of you! It's funny, I was always at the accounts > messages tab but never realized I could scroll down to options under "Go to".. There should be some lil arrows pointing downwards like there are on most drop down style menus lol..

The funny thing is the mail was already being stored on the storage card. I wonder how the hell I'm so low on storage memory on the phone. Ugh..