PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   WORST eBay experience selling TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118988)

ruslan 04-23-2010 02:33 PM

WORST eBay experience selling TP2

I sold perfectly working TP2 and as soon as buyer got it, wrote me a message that it would not turn on.
After many conversations we figured that its bricked, only recognizable in PC and asking for "Qualcomm technologies MSM" driver.
Buyer made a claim with ebay and it was approved.
So now I'm stuck with bricked phone and no money.

This make me wonder: Is it possible for TP2 to somehow get bricked while shipping?
The only thing that I can think of is that I left the battery inside the phone while shipping with phone off. Could that cause a brick?

BK111968 04-23-2010 02:41 PM

Re: WORST eBay experience selling TP2

Was there a possibility that it went through some sort of security scanner to see what was in the box?

AZTECHKA 04-23-2010 02:47 PM

It's more likely that the buyer bricked the phone as soon as he got it and then claimed he received it that way. That way he doesn't get stuck with a bricked phone and out the money.
I feel for you as you have no way to prove it was working before you shipped it.
If you insured the shipping... You may have a claim with the shiping company though... Worth a try.
p.

haus 04-23-2010 03:09 PM

Another possibility is that the buyer had a bricked phone before the auction and decided he wanted a new one. He bought yours, and is returning his old bricked one to you. Be sure the serial numbers match along with your invisible seller's mark to ensure the item returned is the one you actually sold. Not that paypal will care, but you could consider mail fraud charges in that case. You'd probably need an original receipt with the ESN of the phone though.

When you get the phone back, if it's really yours, maybe some of the geniuses here can help you recover it. If azteca is right, the buyer probably tried to flash a GSM ROM on it or something. Maybe you could see if a Verizon service center can reflash it for you.

Really hate reading these kinds of things...sorry it happened to you. Add the buyer to your blocked bidder list in the future, of course.

ruslan 04-23-2010 03:45 PM

thanks for everyone's help on here.
i shipped just regular priority mail as i always do. have been selling on ebay since 2002 and this is first time it happen.
i told buyer that i will check the MEID and he was fine with it.
unfortunately there is no way it seems to check if he tried to flash something wrong on it. from what i read it does seem like he flashed GSM rom on it.

Never thought of INVISIBLE seller mark, I'll do this for all my future sales.

The very upsetting thing is that I have 100% feedback and he has 97.5% but ebay only looked at the fact that he contacted me right away meaning that he didn't have time to temper with it.

pimpsuprazx 04-23-2010 03:50 PM

I
Quote:

Originally Posted by ruslan (Post 1715574)
thanks for everyone's help on here.
i shipped just regular priority mail as i always do. have been selling on ebay since 2002 and this is first time it happen.
i told buyer that i will check the MEID and he was fine with it.
unfortunately there is no way it seems to check if he tried to flash something wrong on it. from what i read it does seem like he flashed GSM rom on it.

Never thought of INVISIBLE seller mark, I'll do this for all my future sales.
The very upsetting thing is that I have 100% feedback and he has 97.5% but ebay only looked at the fact that he contacted me right away meaning that he didn't have time to temper with it.

I had something similar happening with an HTC Snap I sold, they claimed the ESN was dirty then tried to say it was stolen, I have one more day for them to send it back or I get a refund back.
If your interested in selling it let me know(PM ME), and you could file an appeal with ebay about your feedback and explain your situation.

AZTECHKA 04-23-2010 04:06 PM

Welll Again... Sorry to hear this had to happen to you.
You could re activate the phone with sprint and then take it to a repair center to see if there's something they can do about it. Might be an option.
p.
Here are a few ways to say thank you:
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...9Thankyou5.gif
AND OF COURSE...
At PPCGEEKS.COM we say... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif

champ052005 04-23-2010 04:29 PM

Man I feel for you man. The thing I would do is go to a Verizon store and ask them if the ESN of your phone was activated on another account. (They should be able to see, I think.) If it was activated then the buyer was able to turn the phone on. And you can file a claim back to ebay.

Mr. X 04-23-2010 04:47 PM

If it has been activated i would report it stolen, because it would be.

cd85233 04-23-2010 04:55 PM

At worst, if you have asurion get a replacement then you have a new phone...might be able to cut your loss that way...Sorry to hear that happened tho.