PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WORST eBay experience selling TP2

i know ill catch slack for it. but im a shady person so...lol if it is bricked and you have no shipping insurance or asurian insurance. well do the old Italian method. shit to your self from another town insure the hell out of it. then file a claim and get your money. i had a flat screen that broke. boxed had a buddy ship to me. then claimed came damaged. i got a new flat screen... lol
just a thought

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

richc3 is just getting started

Bad thread to read while I have a TP2 on ebay right now, haha. Now I'm all paranoid.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

/sarcasm

Well you have this guy's address right?!?! I say we send the PPC Geeks mafia

/endsarcasm
Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do quite a lot of business on eBay. You really cannot appeal anything. eBay treats sellers like crap. I pay over $2000 a month to eBay in seller/listing fees, and I am treated like trash when I call them.

If they left you a negative feedback, it's there for 12 months. You will not get it removed. It won't happen, no matter how much you will try. I had a guy leave me a feedback by mistake. He tried to leave negative for something he bought off-ebay, got confused and left me negative feedback. After fighting with customer service, there's nothing that they can do.

For future, if you ever get a case started with eBay, best thing to do is to call them right away and plead your case. Try to get someone knowledgeable on the phone. May take few calls. I had people who closed the case in my favor, after I've politely explained them the technicality behind the issue. Explaining that you got your device back, with improper modifications should've helped you. But the idea is to do it before case is closed.

It may be a longshot, but call them and tell them you would like to recover your money as part of Seller Protection program. The general eBay idea is to treat sellers like crooks, so it will be an uphill battle.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Welll Again... Sorry to hear this had to happen to you.
You could re activate the phone with sprint and then take it to a repair center to see if there's something they can do about it. Might be an option.
p.
exactly..only with Verizon...just tell them you tried to flash their latest ROM..and it all went bad..their usually pretty good about doing that..i dont think the phone has to turn on for you to reactivate it on verizon.com...as long as u can get the phone on the account and the account has their insurance they should just swap it out
Old 04-23-2010, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ruslan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh8812 View Post
exactly..only with Verizon...just tell them you tried to flash their latest ROM..and it all went bad..their usually pretty good about doing that..i dont think the phone has to turn on for you to reactivate it on verizon.com...as long as u can get the phone on the account and the account has their insurance they should just swap it out
after activating it on verizon.com they tell you to dial *228 to reprogram and i can't do that. do you know if that will be a problem? and i don't have insurance right now, will it work if I add it now?
I did have phone active about a month ago on my account.

Thanks for all the suggestions. You guys are great.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This reminds of an episode from the Seinfeld show: The Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
i know ill catch slack for it. but im a shady person so...lol if it is bricked and you have no shipping insurance or asurian insurance. well do the old Italian method. shit to your self from another town insure the hell out of it. then file a claim and get your money. i had a flat screen that broke. boxed had a buddy ship to me. then claimed came damaged. i got a new flat screen... lol
just a thought
Old 04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

I understand man. I had different problem with a newbie.

I sold many old phones on ebay old sprint handset and few smart phones 6700,mogul and last tp. The guy who bought tp had no idea how to use the phone and started a claim that phone was freezing and internet does not work (later he found out he needed data plan).
I resolved the issues explaining that its not my fault or phone he needed to do some research.

Last edited by furiousgtz; 04-23-2010 at 07:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2