PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 battery chart... the actual mAh percentage

Found this interesting article at Mobile Crunch that provided a link to a chart. The chart lists a handful of TP2 batteries and it results. According to the chart, my battery made by Andida is BS. I got mine on ebay for $9.99 claiming a 2000 mAh- but according to this test, the actual mAh are 1101... Funny thing though, with the original OEM, 1500 mAh, Touch Pro 2 battery (which tested at 1414 mAh), I have to charge it about 3 times a day. And with the Andida battery only once. I got way better results with the Andida battery. Compare yours. Or if you are in the market to buy a new battery...this chart is helpful.
http://batteryboss.org/

More detailed information on XDA Developers...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583927

Last edited by montecristo1; 04-23-2010 at 01:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: TP2 battery chart... the actual mAh percentage

I have the same andida and it seems to last just as long for me as the oem. curious to see about a 2150mah oem battery though.

nevermind, requires different door, no deal.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you have to charge the tp2 battery 3 times a day you either have it in your hand 24/7 or your battery is shot. those cheap ebay $10 batteries have been known not to output what they claim, that's the reason why they're cheaper, and they also degrade faster. i would only use them as a backup/emergency battery.

i've had my TP2 since launch with its original battery and still don't need to charge more than once per day.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:42 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
if you have to charge the tp2 battery 3 times a day you either have it in your hand 24/7 or your battery is shot. those cheap ebay $10 batteries have been known not to output what they claim, that's the reason why they're cheaper, and they also degrade faster. i would only use them as a backup/emergency battery.

i've had my TP2 since launch with its original battery and still don't need to charge more than once per day.
then you are not using it enough!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moved on from tilt 2 to nexus one
Carrier: at&t

d0ugie is a n00b

Hey now ppcgeeks, how's it hanging.

Montecristol, thank you for the plug. The more people that see the data, the more wisely targeted consumer money will become and, maybe, the greater demand there will grow for a company to sell a battery with an honest capacity rating. Even if the mAh figure would be lower, at least the reality versus claimed percentage would be higher, and I'd wager that's the sort of thing some people would go for and that would also be a good way for these guys to help build their brand, rather than just building their brand by making a flashy website and crossing their fingers nobody buys testing equipment and a domain.

Now as for your Andida, either you've got a good imagination and a nice placebo effect, or as someone else noted you might have had a lousy OEM, maybe your OEM has been used so much and it's degraded and your mind has calibrated to thinking what its performance toward the end of the time you used it was its normal performance or, and I suppose this is remotely possible, the two Andidas I tested were the flukes. I don't think it's an issue with the testing procedure, the discrepancy between my data and your experience, as I did spend a lot of time testing batteries at different currents, from 50 to 500mA, to try to find the most flattering and somewhat realistic but not excessively low (and time-consuming, testing-wise) current, a sweet spot, to run these things at and gave them all equal treatment. As for the equipment itself, it has been perfectly consistent relative to the other two to four other tests I did on each battery.

Anyway -- the good thing is you got a battery you like for a good price, and I believe they may have even thrown in a little chip reader too. According to my tests the two Andidas did score under $10 per amp hour, the cheapest pound for pound of any third party battery by someone who put a name on the label.

One word of advice, when buying stuff like batteries on ebay, if you feel you got ripped off, start by stinging them with a negative feedback rating. That will get their attention. They'll do just about anything to keep that number high, including refunding your money (in my case without even asking for their battery back), and if, for example, it's a counterfeit OEM, you can try to muscle them into pulling the listing or removing any OEM identifications in the listing's description and picture, in exchange for retracting your negative rating. If you get rattled up and angry from some kind of an ebay experience involving batteries and you want me to back you up with evidence of whatever, I'd be happy to test it.

Anyway thanks again.

Doug Simmons
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2