PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: 3

lotusman47 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Screen Replacement Video?

First of Hi as i'm new to the forums.

Has anyone got any links to a video of how to take my HTC touch Pro 2 T7373 apart as i have broken the screen and have got a new one.

The digitiser still works (as i can touch the screen and dial etc even though i can see anything on the screen (expect 3 cracks and rainbows underneath )

Sorry if this has been answered before but i did search and couldnt find anything,

Cheers,
Old 04-22-2010, 02:35 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Screen Replacement Video?

did you really search? i just did a simple google search for "touch pro 2 teardown video"
and got at least 2 of them. here is the first one i came across.
http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2010/04/...tructions.html
also there is a pdf teardown. its not mine, so i wont post it, but ill find the link,.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:42 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

still interested in the teardown doc? here is the thread by hypnotic2010.
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96390
Old 04-22-2010, 02:55 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I have personally watched these videos and they don't go into too much detail about the screen from what I could see...
Old 04-22-2010, 02:58 PM

that word doc is top notch tho.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lotusman47 is a n00b

didnt use the word teardown, tried repair/replace etc etc. but thanks for the .doc
Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM

work out wellll i take it?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lotusman47 is a n00b

Shame there isnt a video, on the forums someone said it isnt possible to change the screen as the touch bit is stuck to the screen so its a waste of time.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2

hyghlndr is a n00b

The video and guide still does not show how to separate the screen and digitizer. I have looked but can not find the two as a single unit for a Sprint model (they all say not for CDMA model on e bay).

Can anyone please help with the actual screen breakdown - where the video stops or provide a site selling both LCD and digitizer as a unit?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

lotusman47 is a n00b

Doesnt look good does it Hyghlndr. just bought the screen but it doesnt look good for being able to fit it. Will try some other forums and see if anyone is more forthcoming

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2