PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help on BT not picking up devices

Recently I just got a TP2 and was planning to set it up with my BT headset. So I upgrade it from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5 and for some reason it did not pick up any devices. I try multiple BT Headsets from Plantronics Voyager Pro to Samsung WEP470 and it still keep saying "No Devices Found". I try playing with all the setting including setting the phone to "Always Visible" but none of the devices show up on the phone. I even flash it to one of the custom rom but still the same result. The phone did show up on my laptop list of bluetooth device so I am hoping it's not a hardware issue. Is there any other steps I could take beside sending the phone back? I tested it with my old 755p and both BT headsets show up fine. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:27 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Help on BT not picking up devices

did you hard reset after flash? might be worth a try.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bishop0114 is becoming a great contributor

I have 3 BT headsets and sometimes they connect, sometimes they don't. It seems hit and miss.

If you have any BT devices pared, you may need to delete all of them and re-add. It seems may be corruption in the database or something. I have to do that on mine about every 3 days because it refuses to connect or add a new device.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop0114 View Post
I have 3 BT headsets and sometimes they connect, sometimes they don't. It seems hit and miss.

If you have any BT devices pared, you may need to delete all of them and re-add. It seems may be corruption in the database or something. I have to do that on mine about every 3 days because it refuses to connect or add a new device.
plus one. it also depends on the brand. i have a moto h710, it will stay active on my tp2 and hd2. i have a plantronics 975, it pairs to both, but it will not turn on for the hd2, only the tp2.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 04-23-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

I don't have any paired on the TP2 yet since I just got it. I already deleted all the devices off of my old 755P. I can try a couple more brand, but I thought it's weird if I could not pick up both the samsung and the plantronics. If it doesn't work with the motorola either than I may have to do a hard reset and if all fail, probably have to return it.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Did you the new stock rom or a custom rom with an updated BT stackup
Old 04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Do you mean which one did I have? I originally have the 6.1 stock-->upgrade to 6.5 stock. I did not test the BT on 6.1 stock but it did not work on 6.5 stock. So I flash it to a 6.5 custom and it still not working. I have not put any appz or so on phone.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

sounds like you should hard reset and start over.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I try a hard reset and even roll back to factory setting...still no dice. I guess the only option would be to roll back to factory 6.1 and see if that works (which I highly doubt it). Do you guys have any other suggestion? The weird thing is my laptop pick up the device, and the device pick up my palm 755p. It just for some reason not picking up any BT devices. Is it possible something is corrupted with the software? Is there anyway I can reinstall the BT data file or something? Thanks again for the help guys.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bluetooth, bt headset