PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Help on BT not picking up devices (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118925)

monkeygod 04-22-2010 07:53 PM

Help on BT not picking up devices

Recently I just got a TP2 and was planning to set it up with my BT headset. So I upgrade it from WM 6.1 to WM 6.5 and for some reason it did not pick up any devices. I try multiple BT Headsets from Plantronics Voyager Pro to Samsung WEP470 and it still keep saying "No Devices Found". I try playing with all the setting including setting the phone to "Always Visible" but none of the devices show up on the phone. I even flash it to one of the custom rom but still the same result. The phone did show up on my laptop list of bluetooth device so I am hoping it's not a hardware issue. Is there any other steps I could take beside sending the phone back? I tested it with my old 755p and both BT headsets show up fine. Thanks in advance for your help.

nrfitchett4 04-23-2010 04:27 AM

Re: Help on BT not picking up devices

did you hard reset after flash? might be worth a try.

bishop0114 04-23-2010 08:42 AM

I have 3 BT headsets and sometimes they connect, sometimes they don't. It seems hit and miss.

If you have any BT devices pared, you may need to delete all of them and re-add. It seems may be corruption in the database or something. I have to do that on mine about every 3 days because it refuses to connect or add a new device.

Dr.8820 04-23-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bishop0114 (Post 1714807)
I have 3 BT headsets and sometimes they connect, sometimes they don't. It seems hit and miss.

If you have any BT devices pared, you may need to delete all of them and re-add. It seems may be corruption in the database or something. I have to do that on mine about every 3 days because it refuses to connect or add a new device.

plus one. it also depends on the brand. i have a moto h710, it will stay active on my tp2 and hd2. i have a plantronics 975, it pairs to both, but it will not turn on for the hd2, only the tp2.

monkeygod 04-23-2010 10:23 AM

I don't have any paired on the TP2 yet since I just got it. I already deleted all the devices off of my old 755P. I can try a couple more brand, but I thought it's weird if I could not pick up both the samsung and the plantronics. If it doesn't work with the motorola either than I may have to do a hard reset and if all fail, probably have to return it.

drewcam888 04-23-2010 10:35 AM

Did you the new stock rom or a custom rom with an updated BT stackup

monkeygod 04-23-2010 12:48 PM

Do you mean which one did I have? I originally have the 6.1 stock-->upgrade to 6.5 stock. I did not test the BT on 6.1 stock but it did not work on 6.5 stock. So I flash it to a 6.5 custom and it still not working. I have not put any appz or so on phone.

Dr.8820 04-23-2010 01:07 PM

sounds like you should hard reset and start over.

monkeygod 04-23-2010 10:01 PM

Well, I try a hard reset and even roll back to factory setting...still no dice. I guess the only option would be to roll back to factory 6.1 and see if that works (which I highly doubt it). Do you guys have any other suggestion? The weird thing is my laptop pick up the device, and the device pick up my palm 755p. It just for some reason not picking up any BT devices. Is it possible something is corrupted with the software? Is there anyway I can reinstall the BT data file or something? Thanks again for the help guys.