PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Possible WM 6.5 bug??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118888)

tarp21 04-22-2010 02:58 PM

Possible WM 6.5 bug???

Sorry if this has been covered before. I have a TP2 with sprint service. Has anyone been experiencing or experienced problems with calls since upgrading from 6.1 to 6.5? Never had this problem with 6.1. At least once everyday I don't hear someone calling me, doesn't show up on missed calls either. It only shows that I have a voice message. Also, at least once a day I click on a contact to make a call and it won't bring up their contact information to let me make the call. I soft reset and all works fine again.

I use mobile shell primarily but it appears to be problematic with the stock sprint interface as well. So I don't believe it's a MS thing. I use all the same programs I had with 6.1 so I know I didn't add anything that would cause this.

I contacted sprint and they said I would have to take the phone to the store and they would reload the ROM. Don't think it's that either because I hard resetted (before adding my programs including MS) after flashing to 6.5 three times to make sure all will work well without any hiccups from advice seen here on PPCG.

Just curious if anyone has any ideas on this subject and if their experiencing similar symptoms. I can soft reset everday but I shouldn't have to that. I use the cleanram program on automatic clean up every 6 hrs and it takes care of not having to reset the phone until this hiccup. I like 6.5 as it seems to run smoother and faster than 6.1 and the radio is much better. I would really not like to reflash 6.1 if I don't have to. Also, my wife is using 6.1 and never has this issue at all on her TP2 as well.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update: Sorry for posting this here. Just realized there was an Official bugs thread for 6.5
I reposted this there.

jakolyn 04-22-2010 03:17 PM

Re: Possible WM 6.5 bug???

i've had the same problem. i just noticed it yesterday and it's only happend once so i'm gonna be looking out for it the next couple of days. no missed call or anything just a mysterious voice mail. also i just got the phone last week and already i've had to send about 10 error reports concerning failure with the os. can't remember the specific error code. any ideas?

manilla.exe that's the one!

PPCFreak 04-22-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakolyn (Post 1713618)
i've had the same problem. i just noticed it yesterday and it's only happend once so i'm gonna be looking out for it the next couple of days. no missed call or anything just a mysterious voice mail. also i just got the phone last week and already i've had to send about 10 error reports concerning failure with the os. can't remember the specific error code. any ideas?

manilla.exe that's the one!

If manilla.exe is what is reporting as the error, then its not the OS that is erroring but the Sense 2.5 from HTC.

Here is a test for the dropped calls/no notification of incoming call and voice messaging being left:
Turn off SENSE 2.5 (go back to plain old WM6.5 interface; Titanium). Do so by going to Settings->Today->Items and uncheck HTC Sense and check Windows Default.

This will turn off SENSE and display the stock WM6.5 interface.

Run with that for 1 day (I know, it will be painful) and see if you get the same results.

If you don't get same results, something is conflicting with SENSE 2.5.

If you do get the same results without HTC Sense running, then you have a program somewhere that is conflicting with WM6.5.

So start by TURNING HTC Sence OFF first. Then build from there.

I am not on Sprint but have seen numerous posts that people are having issues with the HTC Sense that is on the Sprint WM6.5 Upgrade (which is version 2.5).

piranah 04-22-2010 03:53 PM

it could also be sprints network too. people in my area are having a hard time sending/receiving text messages and calls, sounds like the person hit mute when they pick up.