PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asking a stupid question here..How to switch between open programs?

So. at least for now one thing that WinMo has over the iph*ne is multitasking. So how do you switch between open programs on the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM (remember, no task manager in the corner)? At the end of the day I have a boatload of programs open, but to get to them I need to "minimize" the active one, then tap the icon for the one I want, which is exactly the same action as if I were closing one program and opening a new one. Really not much time saved or convenience added.

Am I missing some secret method of program switching here?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:28 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Asking a stupid question here..How to switch between open programs?

you can assign the task manager to the long press of the send key. try settings> personal> buttons.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I put the Task Manger in the top quick links so I could do just that, close after not needing.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

isnt the task manager linked to the drop down box on the top right? that's what i use
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

why not install the .cab and get it back to top right corner?
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Taskmanager.cab (254.2 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
isnt the task manager linked to the drop down box on the top right? that's what i use
that task manager isnt included in the sprint update. i think they took it out of sense 2.5
Old 04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

FWIW, I have my hard keys setup such that single press of the END key terminates the current program and long press minimizes the current program. Then I have Showcase Task Manager mapped to the home button for all my window switching needs...Arkswitch TM is good, too..
Old 04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

I am actually using the task manager that comes with Resco explorer, assigned to the long press of the end key. It's a nice, finger friendly task manager that sits in the center of the screen.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff

I still like WKTask to show me windows style icons on the task bar for open programs. I can easily switch between open ones. You can set it to either minimize or close on x. Don't forget to add these to the exclusion list though:

Excluded Tab
Path – type these one at a time in the path box (is a description of what they are) – make sure you have Minimize: ON, Hide: ON for each.
\Windows\manila.exe
\Windows\gwes.exe (controls -- Lock Screen)
\Windows\repllog.exe (controls – ActiveSync)
\Windows\services.exe (controls -- Some Settings)
\Windows\shell32.exe (controls -- Start Menu)

Design Tab – if you want to customize the way it looks.
- Use Custom Color Settings: 000000, 000000, ffffff -- if a full black theme is used
- Presented Type: Icons-only style
Skin: turn off "Use a skin file for X/OK buttons"

There was someone else who posted these exclusions first.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i use this task manager, the one buried in the sashimi folders.. i have it assigned to a quicklink.. no intstall needed(its just an .exe file), just put the file somewhere and click on it and it works.. no hidden processes either as with some of the task managers, especially the stock one..
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaskMgr.zip (203.6 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 04-23-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: forgot cab lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2