PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

ruslan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WORST eBay experience selling TP2

I sold perfectly working TP2 and as soon as buyer got it, wrote me a message that it would not turn on.
After many conversations we figured that its bricked, only recognizable in PC and asking for "Qualcomm technologies MSM" driver.
Buyer made a claim with ebay and it was approved.
So now I'm stuck with bricked phone and no money.

This make me wonder: Is it possible for TP2 to somehow get bricked while shipping?
The only thing that I can think of is that I left the battery inside the phone while shipping with phone off. Could that cause a brick?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started
Re: WORST eBay experience selling TP2

Was there a possibility that it went through some sort of security scanner to see what was in the box?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

It's more likely that the buyer bricked the phone as soon as he got it and then claimed he received it that way. That way he doesn't get stuck with a bricked phone and out the money.
I feel for you as you have no way to prove it was working before you shipped it.
If you insured the shipping... You may have a claim with the shiping company though... Worth a try.
p.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Another possibility is that the buyer had a bricked phone before the auction and decided he wanted a new one. He bought yours, and is returning his old bricked one to you. Be sure the serial numbers match along with your invisible seller's mark to ensure the item returned is the one you actually sold. Not that paypal will care, but you could consider mail fraud charges in that case. You'd probably need an original receipt with the ESN of the phone though.

When you get the phone back, if it's really yours, maybe some of the geniuses here can help you recover it. If azteca is right, the buyer probably tried to flash a GSM ROM on it or something. Maybe you could see if a Verizon service center can reflash it for you.

Really hate reading these kinds of things...sorry it happened to you. Add the buyer to your blocked bidder list in the future, of course.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Threadstarter

ruslan is becoming a great contributor

thanks for everyone's help on here.
i shipped just regular priority mail as i always do. have been selling on ebay since 2002 and this is first time it happen.
i told buyer that i will check the MEID and he was fine with it.
unfortunately there is no way it seems to check if he tried to flash something wrong on it. from what i read it does seem like he flashed GSM rom on it.

Never thought of INVISIBLE seller mark, I'll do this for all my future sales.

The very upsetting thing is that I have 100% feedback and he has 97.5% but ebay only looked at the fact that he contacted me right away meaning that he didn't have time to temper with it.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan View Post
thanks for everyone's help on here.
i shipped just regular priority mail as i always do. have been selling on ebay since 2002 and this is first time it happen.
i told buyer that i will check the MEID and he was fine with it.
unfortunately there is no way it seems to check if he tried to flash something wrong on it. from what i read it does seem like he flashed GSM rom on it.

Never thought of INVISIBLE seller mark, I'll do this for all my future sales.
The very upsetting thing is that I have 100% feedback and he has 97.5% but ebay only looked at the fact that he contacted me right away meaning that he didn't have time to temper with it.

I had something similar happening with an HTC Snap I sold, they claimed the ESN was dirty then tried to say it was stolen, I have one more day for them to send it back or I get a refund back.
If your interested in selling it let me know(PM ME), and you could file an appeal with ebay about your feedback and explain your situation.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME

Last edited by pimpsuprazx; 04-23-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Welll Again... Sorry to hear this had to happen to you.
You could re activate the phone with sprint and then take it to a repair center to see if there's something they can do about it. Might be an option.
p.
Here are a few ways to say thank you:

AND OF COURSE...
At PPCGEEKS.COM we say...
Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Man I feel for you man. The thing I would do is go to a Verizon store and ask them if the ESN of your phone was activated on another account. (They should be able to see, I think.) If it was activated then the buyer was able to turn the phone on. And you can file a claim back to ebay.

Last edited by champ052005; 04-23-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

If it has been activated i would report it stolen, because it would be.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

At worst, if you have asurion get a replacement then you have a new phone...might be able to cut your loss that way...Sorry to hear that happened tho.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2