PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

robrecht is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Where can I get the back that covers the normal sized battery???

Hi, all.

Verizon is replacing my old Touch Pro with a Touch Pro2. Yay!

But they are sending me a refurbished unit without the battery or the back that covers the battery. I can order batteries, extended batteries with the bigger back.

But where can I get a back that covers the normal sized battery? Though it's nice to have when I'm traveling, most of the time I will not want to use the bulky extended battery.

Verizon doesn't know how to do this. I will call HTC, but expect that won't be that cost-effective. Any other options?

Thanks, Robrecht
Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Where can I get the back that covers the normal sized battery???

Try to go to an authorized repair center, they should have them lying around or they should be able to order one. I have sprint and thats what they do. Should be the same though
Old 04-21-2010, 07:10 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrecht View Post
Hi, all.

Verizon is replacing my old Touch Pro with a Touch Pro2. Yay!

But they are sending me a refurbished unit without the battery or the back that covers the battery. I can order batteries, extended batteries with the bigger back.

But where can I get a back that covers the normal sized battery? Though it's nice to have when I'm traveling, most of the time I will not want to use the bulky extended battery.

Verizon doesn't know how to do this. I will call HTC, but expect that won't be that cost-effective. Any other options?

Thanks, Robrecht
I dont know if this is a warranty clain or a insurance claim but either way, I think VZW should be responsible for providing you with a COMPLETE working device.

When Assurian replaced my Vogue with the Diamond they sent me a brand new phone.
I would call VZW customer support and complain until I got my way.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 04-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
I dont know if this is a warranty clain or a insurance claim but either way, I think VZW should be responsible for providing you with a COMPLETE working device.

When Assurian replaced my Vogue with the Diamond they sent me a brand new phone.
Agreed! Forgot to include this too
Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robrecht is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post

Sure, they know that. It's just that they do not have any normal batteries or backs in stock and cannot order them quickly. They will reimburse me, even give me an extended battery & cover in its place, and credit my account another $20 for my trouble. I'm just looking for the quickest and cheapest way to get a normal cover 'cause I don't usually need the bulky extended battery.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

you can call htc directly but I don't know how long that takes. can't believe verizon is out of stock on battery covers.
number for htc is 877-293-0807
i just got a generic tp2 battery on ebay for my phone as a backup, second battery and it works just as well and was like 10.00. hasn't blown up or anything yet in 6+ months.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robrecht is a n00b

OK, very good deal.

Verizon figured out how to sell the stock battery door to me for $15 (reimbursed to my account, of course). BTW, the HTC subvendor wanted $31.63 plus shipping just for the door (no battery) over the phone but their Internet price is apparently $25 plus shipping: http://www.buywirelessnow.com/pcdpho...cessory/814685

Also bought the Seidio 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery and Verizon is reimbursing me for that since they are out of stock, even 'though it costs $5 more than what they sell the stock 1500 mAh battery for.

They're also reimbursing me $30 for a "Seidio Multi-Function Battery Charger (Now 50% Slimmer!)" (didn't even ask for this) and crediting my account an additional $20 for all the trouble they caused. They have done this for me before ... valued customer and all. I know a lot of people complain about customer service but I have to say that Verizon has always treated me extremely well. I'm always polite and respectful and let them know what I think is fair and they always come through for me. No extension of my contract, I'm always free to go but wouldn't want to.

BTW, I also bought the Seidio 3500mAh Extended Life Battery and door. If I'm gonna use an extended life battery, might as well get some serious extra power. Seidio has free shipping on purchases over $50.

Thanks for all your moral support!

Last edited by robrecht; 04-22-2010 at 07:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:45 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

glad it got worked out.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Glad you got it but ebay also is a source for next time. Also I suggest you look at the following link before you waste money on some batteries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=battery
Old 04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

robrecht is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Glad you got it but ebay also is a source for next time. Also I suggest you look at the following link before you waste money on some batteries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=battery
Actually, I had also tried bu eBay but they didn't have anything IIRC, or at least nothing cheaper, not that that mattered much because Verizon was paying. Interesting about battery ratings, doesn't really surprise me, but I still suspect that the Seidio 3500mAh probably has more power than the 2100mAh one Verizon sells. When I have both, I can test them against each other but probably won't--I'm not that anal--I sometimes travel with 3 or 4 batteries to make sure I have enough power if I get stuck in an airport, etc. But note also that the Seido TP2 battery he tested was 2 mos old, probably not a very fair comparison, which he admits.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2