PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Where can I get the back that covers the normal sized battery??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118796)

robrecht 04-21-2010 07:04 PM

Where can I get the back that covers the normal sized battery???

Hi, all.

Verizon is replacing my old Touch Pro with a Touch Pro2. Yay!

But they are sending me a refurbished unit without the battery or the back that covers the battery. I can order batteries, extended batteries with the bigger back.

But where can I get a back that covers the normal sized battery? Though it's nice to have when I'm traveling, most of the time I will not want to use the bulky extended battery.

Verizon doesn't know how to do this. I will call HTC, but expect that won't be that cost-effective. Any other options?

Thanks, Robrecht

aman1127 04-21-2010 07:07 PM

Re: Where can I get the back that covers the normal sized battery???

Try to go to an authorized repair center, they should have them lying around or they should be able to order one. I have sprint and thats what they do. Should be the same though

yearn 04-21-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robrecht (Post 1711948)
Hi, all.

Verizon is replacing my old Touch Pro with a Touch Pro2. Yay!

But they are sending me a refurbished unit without the battery or the back that covers the battery. I can order batteries, extended batteries with the bigger back.

But where can I get a back that covers the normal sized battery? Though it's nice to have when I'm traveling, most of the time I will not want to use the bulky extended battery.

Verizon doesn't know how to do this. I will call HTC, but expect that won't be that cost-effective. Any other options?

Thanks, Robrecht

I dont know if this is a warranty clain or a insurance claim but either way, I think VZW should be responsible for providing you with a COMPLETE working device.

When Assurian replaced my Vogue with the Diamond they sent me a brand new phone.
I would call VZW customer support and complain until I got my way.

aman1127 04-21-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1711960)
I dont know if this is a warranty clain or a insurance claim but either way, I think VZW should be responsible for providing you with a COMPLETE working device.

When Assurian replaced my Vogue with the Diamond they sent me a brand new phone.

Agreed! Forgot to include this too

robrecht 04-21-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yearn (Post 1711960)

Sure, they know that. It's just that they do not have any normal batteries or backs in stock and cannot order them quickly. They will reimburse me, even give me an extended battery & cover in its place, and credit my account another $20 for my trouble. I'm just looking for the quickest and cheapest way to get a normal cover 'cause I don't usually need the bulky extended battery.

nrfitchett4 04-21-2010 08:27 PM

you can call htc directly but I don't know how long that takes. can't believe verizon is out of stock on battery covers.
number for htc is 877-293-0807
i just got a generic tp2 battery on ebay for my phone as a backup, second battery and it works just as well and was like 10.00. hasn't blown up or anything yet in 6+ months.

robrecht 04-22-2010 06:29 PM

OK, very good deal.

Verizon figured out how to sell the stock battery door to me for $15 (reimbursed to my account, of course). BTW, the HTC subvendor wanted $31.63 plus shipping just for the door (no battery) over the phone but their Internet price is apparently $25 plus shipping: http://www.buywirelessnow.com/pcdpho...cessory/814685

Also bought the Seidio 1750mAh Slim Extended Life Battery and Verizon is reimbursing me for that since they are out of stock, even 'though it costs $5 more than what they sell the stock 1500 mAh battery for.

They're also reimbursing me $30 for a "Seidio Multi-Function Battery Charger (Now 50% Slimmer!)" (didn't even ask for this) and crediting my account an additional $20 for all the trouble they caused. They have done this for me before ... valued customer and all. I know a lot of people complain about customer service but I have to say that Verizon has always treated me extremely well. I'm always polite and respectful and let them know what I think is fair and they always come through for me. No extension of my contract, I'm always free to go but wouldn't want to.

BTW, I also bought the Seidio 3500mAh Extended Life Battery and door. If I'm gonna use an extended life battery, might as well get some serious extra power. Seidio has free shipping on purchases over $50.

Thanks for all your moral support!

nrfitchett4 04-23-2010 05:45 AM

glad it got worked out.

drewcam888 04-23-2010 10:37 AM

Glad you got it but ebay also is a source for next time. Also I suggest you look at the following link before you waste money on some batteries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=battery

robrecht 04-24-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewcam888 (Post 1714985)
Glad you got it but ebay also is a source for next time. Also I suggest you look at the following link before you waste money on some batteries. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=battery

Actually, I had also tried bu eBay but they didn't have anything IIRC, or at least nothing cheaper, not that that mattered much because Verizon was paying. Interesting about battery ratings, doesn't really surprise me, but I still suspect that the Seidio 3500mAh probably has more power than the 2100mAh one Verizon sells. When I have both, I can test them against each other but probably won't--I'm not that anal--I sometimes travel with 3 or 4 batteries to make sure I have enough power if I get stuck in an airport, etc. But note also that the Seido TP2 battery he tested was 2 mos old, probably not a very fair comparison, which he admits.