PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hardwood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Wake-On Text

Time to re-ask the proverbial "Disable Wake On Text" question.

It has been a couple months since we visited this question.... so here goes:

How can Sprint CDMA TP2 users disable the "Wake Screen" when a new text message comes in.

I would prefer (as everyone else) that I hear an audible alert (my custom incoming text ringtone) and leave the screen OFF. After the audible alert, the flashing green LED is enough for me.

It is terribly annoying to have the screen turn on while the phone is in your pocket, only to find the phone in some random menu area because of pocket dialing....

Anyone figure this out yet?

And the locking programs do not alleviate the problem either. Texts still unlock and wake the phone...
Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work
Re: Disable Wake-On Text

The lock on windows 6.5 does not unlock my phone, tho it does wake on texts. I swear I've seen this on some custom ROM I flashed on my old TP1, but the answer still remains a mystery.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwood View Post
Time to re-ask the proverbial "Disable Wake On Text" question.

It has been a couple months since we visited this question.... so here goes:

How can Sprint CDMA TP2 users disable the "Wake Screen" when a new text message comes in.

I would prefer (as everyone else) that I hear an audible alert (my custom incoming text ringtone) and leave the screen OFF. After the audible alert, the flashing green LED is enough for me.

It is terribly annoying to have the screen turn on while the phone is in your pocket, only to find the phone in some random menu area because of pocket dialing....

Anyone figure this out yet?

And the locking programs do not alleviate the problem either. Texts still unlock and wake the phone...
Check out this application, it should be able to do what you want. Once you install it look for the tweak that says "SMS Wake Up (Wake up device when new SMS)". Switch that on and then off and exit the application and restart your device and it should work the way you want it. Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hardwood is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
Check out this application, it should be able to do what you want. Once you install it look for the tweak that says "SMS Wake Up (Wake up device when new SMS)". Switch that on and then off and exit the application and restart your device and it should work the way you want it. Hope this helps.
The link you provided takes me to a thread under the model "HTC Leo : HD2"

I do not want to install this on my TP2.

Is there a standalone cab file from within the source you linked?

My research is leaning towards the realization this cannot be fixed. Unless another TP2 user can confirm they have fixed it, others are complaining as well with no answers in sight.

Thank you.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

bsb tweaks works fin in ant wvga phone. the old program for the tp1 was called diamondtweak. trust me. it works just fine.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Hey OP, I'll try the cab on my TP2 and let you know if it works.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Wow, lots of misinformation in this thread!

It is NOT currently possible to disable the screen wakeup when you get a text message on CDMA Windows phones. I wish it were possible, though.

Certain tweaking programs have settings to disable the screen wakeup, but these do not work unless you are on a GSM device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm so sorry for any misinformation I provided, I am using Energy ROM and this program was installed, I had never tested that specific tweak because I've actually always preferred the screen to turn on. I just tried it, and as Saumaun said, it doesn't work. Again I'm very sorry.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
I'm so sorry for any misinformation I provided, I am using Energy ROM and this program was installed, I had never tested that specific tweak because I've actually always preferred the screen to turn on. I just tried it, and as Saumaun said, it doesn't work. Again I'm very sorry.
Haha no worries! I wasn't trying to sound mean Its one of those things that you would assume works... But unfortunately for us CDMA users, it doesn't work. Haha
Old 04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hardwood is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
Wow, lots of misinformation in this thread!

It is NOT currently possible to disable the screen wakeup when you get a text message on CDMA Windows phones. I wish it were possible, though.

Certain tweaking programs have settings to disable the screen wakeup, but these do not work unless you are on a GSM device.
Thank you.

Am I to understand that the Windows GSM phone can do this, but the CDMA Windows phone cannot? Both are TP2's, right?

Is it a Windows issue or a carrier issue?

Just wondering if you compared them side by side what is the difference causing the inability to block wake up on incoming text?

Thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2