PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Disable Wake-On Text (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118773)

Hardwood 04-21-2010 04:31 PM

Disable Wake-On Text

Time to re-ask the proverbial "Disable Wake On Text" question.

It has been a couple months since we visited this question.... so here goes:

How can Sprint CDMA TP2 users disable the "Wake Screen" when a new text message comes in.

I would prefer (as everyone else) that I hear an audible alert (my custom incoming text ringtone) and leave the screen OFF. After the audible alert, the flashing green LED is enough for me.

It is terribly annoying to have the screen turn on while the phone is in your pocket, only to find the phone in some random menu area because of pocket dialing....

Anyone figure this out yet?

And the locking programs do not alleviate the problem either. Texts still unlock and wake the phone...

dakidobf 04-21-2010 04:34 PM

Re: Disable Wake-On Text

The lock on windows 6.5 does not unlock my phone, tho it does wake on texts. I swear I've seen this on some custom ROM I flashed on my old TP1, but the answer still remains a mystery.

sjs01 04-21-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardwood (Post 1711681)
Time to re-ask the proverbial "Disable Wake On Text" question.

It has been a couple months since we visited this question.... so here goes:

How can Sprint CDMA TP2 users disable the "Wake Screen" when a new text message comes in.

I would prefer (as everyone else) that I hear an audible alert (my custom incoming text ringtone) and leave the screen OFF. After the audible alert, the flashing green LED is enough for me.

It is terribly annoying to have the screen turn on while the phone is in your pocket, only to find the phone in some random menu area because of pocket dialing....

Anyone figure this out yet?

And the locking programs do not alleviate the problem either. Texts still unlock and wake the phone...

Check out this application, it should be able to do what you want. Once you install it look for the tweak that says "SMS Wake Up (Wake up device when new SMS)". Switch that on and then off and exit the application and restart your device and it should work the way you want it. Hope this helps.

Hardwood 04-22-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1711782)
Check out this application, it should be able to do what you want. Once you install it look for the tweak that says "SMS Wake Up (Wake up device when new SMS)". Switch that on and then off and exit the application and restart your device and it should work the way you want it. Hope this helps.

The link you provided takes me to a thread under the model "HTC Leo : HD2"

I do not want to install this on my TP2.

Is there a standalone cab file from within the source you linked?

My research is leaning towards the realization this cannot be fixed. Unless another TP2 user can confirm they have fixed it, others are complaining as well with no answers in sight.

Thank you.

austin420 04-22-2010 10:51 AM

bsb tweaks works fin in ant wvga phone. the old program for the tp1 was called diamondtweak. trust me. it works just fine.

dakidobf 04-22-2010 04:25 PM

Hey OP, I'll try the cab on my TP2 and let you know if it works.

[sammich] 04-22-2010 04:30 PM

Wow, lots of misinformation in this thread!

It is NOT currently possible to disable the screen wakeup when you get a text message on CDMA Windows phones. I wish it were possible, though.

Certain tweaking programs have settings to disable the screen wakeup, but these do not work unless you are on a GSM device.

sjs01 04-22-2010 04:47 PM

I'm so sorry for any misinformation I provided, I am using Energy ROM and this program was installed, I had never tested that specific tweak because I've actually always preferred the screen to turn on. I just tried it, and as Saumaun said, it doesn't work. Again I'm very sorry.

[sammich] 04-22-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1713804)
I'm so sorry for any misinformation I provided, I am using Energy ROM and this program was installed, I had never tested that specific tweak because I've actually always preferred the screen to turn on. I just tried it, and as Saumaun said, it doesn't work. Again I'm very sorry.

Haha no worries! I wasn't trying to sound mean :D Its one of those things that you would assume works... But unfortunately for us CDMA users, it doesn't work. Haha

Hardwood 04-23-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ (Post 1713764)
Wow, lots of misinformation in this thread!

It is NOT currently possible to disable the screen wakeup when you get a text message on CDMA Windows phones. I wish it were possible, though.

Certain tweaking programs have settings to disable the screen wakeup, but these do not work unless you are on a GSM device.

Thank you.

Am I to understand that the Windows GSM phone can do this, but the CDMA Windows phone cannot? Both are TP2's, right?

Is it a Windows issue or a carrier issue?

Just wondering if you compared them side by side what is the difference causing the inability to block wake up on incoming text?

Thank you.