PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable native 6.5 messaging and enable HTC messaging

Guys,

I'm tired of lame win mobile 6.5 text client. How do I disable it and enable HTC messaging client as my default app? If any of you got it working with MMS sending and stuff, please PLEASE post .cab file(s) and how you did it. HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Disable native 6.5 messaging and enable HTC messaging

HTC messaging client? What on earth are you talking about?
Do you mean the messaging tab in TouchFlo? Because that's not really an app- it just pulls the information from the WM messaging system...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Hes talking about the messagin client, you could make a cab out of the EXT, im sure someone has made one already, i would check xda. If not ill throw one together when i get home.

Get MMS working on sprint in HTC Messaging Client!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

I'm talking about making HTC Messages a default messaging client!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZ

mac_0384 is a n00b

Agreed. I just did the Verizon TP2 6.5 official update and lost all the nifty TP2 cleanup by GoodThings2Come. I need help with:

1) Enable the default windows messaging client on 6.5 official upgrade?

2) Increase the #tabs of opera (cleanup did this before)

Help a newb plz?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

sprinttouchprodos is a n00b

What is this "goodthings2come" you speak of?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Why not just run a ROM like Energy's that already has it enabled?

Droidrox39
Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

HTC Messaging is the DEFAULT messaging app in stock 6.5... press a message from the tab, and HTC opens, not WM- if anything people want the screen tap to take them to WM messaging(apparently just hitting all messages is to hard for them to get to WM messaging client lol).... if you select a contact and goto message, thats all HTCs client integration in there as well(assuming you havent changed away from the default contactpicker)... goto your contact tab, hit a contact that way, HTC messaging pops up... how more deeply integrated do you need HTC Mesaging to be..

just saying OP, HTC Messaging is as default and prevelant in 6.5 as its going to get really... most people feel the oposite as you.. its so integrated that most dont like it and want everything to point back to WM messaging instead....

so i dont really know if you can be helped in the way that your thinking here.... did i miss the mark??? is there something more youd like to see?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2