PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bass output is lacking; other audio gripes.

I've been using my PPC as my default iPod replacement since the Mogul days. I run a tape converter 3.5mm jack and until the TP2 into another converter into the mini usb. On the Mogul it worked flawlessly with Audio Booster set to classical running through Audio Manager, on the TP I simply lost ability to control volume through AM so I had to turn down the device volume, but now I simply cannot get a good output from my TP2.

I listen to a lot of heavier stuff, such as metal and what not, and the bass simply has no density, and the rest leaves a lot to desire. Through my older phones, the bass would literally vibrate and have a lot of density, now I can hear it, but it has no impact. The treble is also a bit distorted, but my biggest gripe is with the bass. I feel as though either the audio output has really diminished, or I'm not running the right settings. I've lowered the device volume to reduce distortion, and I'm been heavily messing with the Audio Booster settings.

I'm open to another audio program, hell I'd love Audio Manager back, but I'm starting to worry about the phone itself. This audio problem occurs through either the 3.5mm jack or the converter using mini USB. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, for the record, I'm not some idiot who thinks good sound comes from vibrating your trunk to a rattle, I actually understand music pretty well which is why this problem literally causes me to not listen through my phone anymore...which really sucks.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Bass output is lacking; other audio gripes.

lose those converters or either you have low quality mp3s on your tp2... i use my tp2 as my mp3 player and it sounds great. all i use is a 3.5mm cable and a pioneer deck with 3.5mm jack on front. what kind
Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
lose those converters or either you have low quality mp3s on your tp2... i use my tp2 as my mp3 player and it sounds great. all i use is a 3.5mm cable and a pioneer deck with 3.5mm jack on front. what kind
I forget the exact brand. I know I was going to get the low quality mp3 argument, I should have mentioned that. I'm using the exact same mp3s that gave me perfect quality a week ago on my TP...actually everything is the same as it was. The only change has been the phone, so I think it's reasonable to assume that's the culprit.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

im a metal/hardcore junkie myself.. and use the old cassette adapter for old portable cds players to use my TP2 through my cars radio... i dont have any issues... and through audio booster theres no reason why you cant get the sound you want, especially since theres an EQ you can set up yourself..

question, did you tweak the old TP.. did it have a custom rom?? if the audiopara tweak was in there, thats Significantly increased sounds coming out of your phone.. that wouldve transfered over when playing music through your car as well... if you dont have that tweak in your new TP2, your not ging to get that amplified sound your used to from the TP1...

also.. do you use advanced config and diamond tweak(both still work in 6.5) they have a few settings in there for your audio output as well.. such as the 100db limitation which is enabled by default.. theres also a few mor in there in cant remember...

so thats my suggestions...1) try fine tuning the EQ to your liking.. i personally turn on Audio Booster, set it to Spoken Word, then use my cars deck to tune in or out any bass id want or not want... 2) use the audiopara hacks to increase your sound(i dunno if we even have em on TP2 honestly, havent seen it around) 3) use advanced config and diamond tweak to fine tune your audio settings as well...

hope you get what you want man.. Pantera or Slipknot just doesnt soound the same if those kick @ss drums arent hittin the speakers just right lol
Old 04-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed, thank you, you understand my needs haha. I ran a stock rom on the TP but did run the Audiopara tweak. I ran one on the TP2 but it literally did nothing.

As for advanced config and diamond tweak, I apparently need to look into those I've never heard of them. Do you have a recommended db I should allow up to?

I messed with Audio Booster and got the settings better by tweaking classical, it's just still missing that punch in the bass and it's infuriating. Looks like my next step is those other program, just have to find them now haha.

Thanks a ton!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

heres some cabs for you... also, audio booster has a BASS preset, im sure youve been through all the options in their, but start oon that, then just tweak in the terrible...

the 20% cab someone left in a thread.. i used it and it worked(not for in call volume though) but ive hard reset since then and i honestly dont know if it increased my audio output at all.... i just know how i use my device now i can get really good sounds.. making sure the volume is up on your device, and in the native player all affect the sound as well- sure you know that though.. just saying, theres 3 different volume settings to think about....

and you dont set the db level, advanced config just takes off the cap at 100db
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Man, you went above and beyond. I started messing with those, even if this doesn't fix the audio problems you just made my phone better. Thank you, good sir.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2