PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opening \Windows\ on MightyRom takes forever... why??

Can anyone offer me any insight on this? I'm on a VZW TP2, and for the most part, have stayed on the stock 6.1 rom and been pretty happy with it. It has proven to be very stable and is very fast.

But... I do look at some of the 6.5 roms with the new Sense 2.5, and man they do look pretty nice. So last night I decided to try out the latest MightyRom, since it seems to be one of, if not the most popular ones out there.

The rom is definitely nice... Sense 2.5 is a huge improvement (especially with Cookie's home tab) but this one thing I notice that it does WAY slower than stock... opening up the \Windows\ folder, either in the stock File Explorer, or in Total Commander. It doesn't matter whether Show All Files is checked or not... it generally takes about 10 seconds to open the \Windows\ folder.

Whereas with the stock rom (or even the Verizon official 6.5 rom which I tried for a bit), \Windows\ opens in about 2 seconds, or with Show All Files checked, about 4-5 seconds.

Can anyone explain why opening the \Windows\ folder takes SO long to open on MightyRom?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Opening \Windows\ on MightyRom takes forever... why??

Wow...you're complaining about 10sec?? I guarentee every NRG ROM/MightyROM I have used has taken much longer than that after I get all my cabs installed...

There are a lot more files in the windows directory than the stock ROM had. That's just the way it is.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is normal on all windows mobile versions, there are like 10,000 files in the main windows directory so it's going to take a few to read them..
Old 04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is normal for Sense ROMs. The only ROMs I have used recently that open the Windows directory quickly are the Titanium only builds.

Anyhow, I noticed you also posted this in Mighty's thread and got several responses, yet, you opened a new thread asking the same exact question. I am not sure what answer you are looking for (you got all the right answers in MM's thread), but the issue is the massive amount of manila files located in the Windows directory.

How often do you access your windows folder?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
... I noticed you also posted this in Mighty's thread and got several responses, yet, you opened a new thread asking the same exact question. I am not sure what answer you are looking for (you got all the right answers in MM's thread), but the issue is the massive amount of manila files located in the Windows directory.

Agreed. As stated...and I think I was one of them that responded, manila is huge, not to mention when you mod manila files this will cause drastic lag. Remember this is a phone not a laptop. Bare roms with little cusomizations do not have this problem.

Give some
Old 04-21-2010, 07:18 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

I also noticed this, but it isnt really a big issue to me.
But if its really bothering you, you might try Mr.X's Latest ROM.
He lightened up the Windows directory by around 50Mb and it opens a little faster.
They're both great ROMs though.
But me personally, I prefer Mikes last 2.1 ROM he made.
To me it seems much faster (and stays faster) than any of the 2.5 ROMs out there.
2.5 always seems to start slowing down after 3 or 4 days of use.
Thats just my opinion though.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2