PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mswilson2007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery Draining Super Fast

The battery is draining extremely fast. Just last night I charged the phone until it was completely fully charged. Woke up this morning, and it had somehow lost a whole bar of charge. Just sitting around not doing anything overnight. Any ideas on that?!
I notice that the green light is blinking a lot, could that be the cause?!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LinkRS is just getting started
Re: Battery Draining Super Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswilson2007 View Post
The battery is draining extremely fast. Just last night I charged the phone until it was completely fully charged. Woke up this morning, and it had somehow lost a whole bar of charge. Just sitting around not doing anything overnight. Any ideas on that?!
Hi MsWilson2007,

For some reason, this topic is not responded to very often. I have had posts talking about battery life on the Verizon TP2 on multiple forums looking for some help, only to here the crickets. I am guessing that this issue is rare, but I am on my 3rd Touch Pro 2, and all three of the ones I have had exhibit it. They can go from 100% to 10% in less than 8 hours on standby! Verizon sent me a high-capacity battery, and so now it "only" goes to 40% in 8 hours. However, I have stumbled upon a way to temporarily solve this issue. You need to let the phone discharge almost completely (till it gets to around 10%), and then charge it until the light turns green. And then unplug it for a few minutes, and plug it in again. You should see the light turn red again, and it will charge some more. Repeat this a few times, and eventually the battery life should stablize. This works for me, until I have to turn the phone off, remove the battery, or soft reset the phone. I have had instances where it took 3 charge/discharge cycles to stabalize the battery. I have gone 4 days with minimal use, and the phone being on standby most of the time and it reports 80% a huge improvement. Good luck!

Rich S.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Sprint

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

This topic has been discussed MANY times, and on the contrary has been responded to. I myself have posted about this and had many responses.

What was mentioned here and in other threads should help, but at the same time may frustrate you. I can tell you that I have tried many things, done what was told to me and I STILL have problems.

One night I had my phone charged, got up, and turned it on, and I had like 96%. I was like... Where did 4% go since it was charging for 9hrs?

On Saturday I made like a 3min phone call, sent 2 texts messages, and by 3:30, I was down to 58%. I had taken the phone off the charger that day at like 8am or so. I hadn't even woke the screen much.

I do the same thing with the unplug it and plug it back in. I can take it off the charger in the morning, plug it right back in and get the red LED again.

What really frustrates me is when I use the DROID where I work to just play around with, and I surf the net out of that thing and I swear the battery icon barely moves.

One thing for sure is that I will NOT be keeping my TP2 much longer. It will probably be the EVO I get. I really love Android when I use it, all of the apps, the ease of app update, and the speed of the phones. (The DORID is sweet and I bet the EVO will rock) I love the browsing with the browsers offered on them as well.

For me, WM is going bye bye. While I hate to say it, it is no longer in the game.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswilson2007 View Post
Did you recently install a new program. My battery was lasting all through the day with moderate use until recently, I'd make it through half the day and be at 10% battery. I reflashed recently and haven't installed everything back to the phone as before and my battery lasts all day and then some. After 16 hours I'm still at 60% charge. I don't know what it was that was draining the battery but you may want to hard reset and watch battery usage after installing each program back on.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

my battery lasts 12 hours easily..with heavy usage..if your on the stock rom, thats a big "mistake" i have my custom rom and the battery lasts forever...i hardly think about charging..i charge at night, unplug in the am and go...by the time im home from doing whatever, or at work plugged into my desk, i dont even look at my battery...i notice when it gets low, but thats about it..

ive left it unplugged all night and still was able to last through the day...check your rom and your radio then see how much longer the battery lasts..

and as posted above, this is discussed A LOT.

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b

can be many factor,

there was something about some bluetooth driver floating around that was draining batter like crazy even if bluetooth is off!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkRS View Post
Hi MsWilson2007,

For some reason, this topic is not responded to very often. I have had posts talking about battery life on the Verizon TP2 on multiple forums looking for some help, only to here the crickets. I am guessing that this issue is rare, but I am on my 3rd Touch Pro 2, and all three of the ones I have had exhibit it. They can go from 100% to 10% in less than 8 hours on standby! Verizon sent me a high-capacity battery, and so now it "only" goes to 40% in 8 hours.

Rich S.
im also having crappy battery life i wonder if theres any way i can convince sprint to send me a high capacity battery??

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 04-20-2010, 09:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LinkRS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
im also having crappy battery life i wonder if theres any way i can convince sprint to send me a high capacity battery??
Hi,

When I first had this issue, (and after I confirmed that the batery drain wasn't due to WiFi or other optional background tasks like push e-mail, GPS, etc...), Verizon sent me a replacement battery (standard size). This brand new battery demonstrated the exact same issues. Note, this specific issue is not due to excessive use, or run-away background tasks. It can be recreated 100% of the time, just buy doing a battery pull. So, when I called Verizon back after the first battery replacement, they sent me a refurbished TP2 and the extended battery pack (with a new back). This allows my TP2 to ge through the day, even when it is draining quickly. However, once the charge/discharge cycle has been complete a few times, I can go days (on either standard or extended battery) between charges. This discharging I am describing is abnormal, and has somethign to do with some background task that does not show up in task manager that drains the battery. If your battery meter is wokring, when the TP2 is showing these symptoms, you will see the Power settings menu (which shows the standy and usage stats), the usage stats are stacking up, even if the device is on standy. Unfortunatly, this stats menu doesn't work for me most of the time (shows unknown values). Good luck!

Rich S.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

same thing happened to me on sprint's 6.5 rom. Battery was dying in less than a day. RUn a custom rom, you'll be fine
Old 04-21-2010, 01:38 AM
F_X_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

running cabs to disable the weather animation and clock flip seemed to help my battery drain issues too. I just added the cab that fixes the LED dll so you can actually adjust the notification timers with 6.5 and I am hoping that will make a difference too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2