PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   People Tab / Favorites Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118715)

nosajs 04-21-2010 07:40 AM

People Tab / Favorites Question

brand new to the Touch Pro 2 & I have 6.5 Stock Rom (Sprint).

I notice when I touch the Picture directly on any of my favorite contacts it automatically dials the number, but when I touch the name under the picture it opens up a details window allowing me to call, send message, edit contact etc.

Is there a regedit or cab to change it so that when I hit the picture it doesn't automatically call &/or opens up the details window?

any thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

thanks!

CA3SAR 04-21-2010 08:15 AM

Re: People Tab / Favorites Question

Yes that would be awesome, i think mobile shell works like that.

joeyc1123 04-21-2010 08:45 AM

delete the contact, add that contact again and when it asks you what action to perform when clicked, select "open contact card" and it will do what you're wanting it to do

wait i'm confused....what do you want it to do when you click on the pic???

kporter1500 04-21-2010 09:29 AM

Mine does the exact opposite. When I touch the pic, it opens their information, when I touch the name...it makes the call....weird...

piranah 04-21-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosajs (Post 1710556)
brand new to the Touch Pro 2 & I have 6.5 Stock Rom (Sprint).

I notice when I touch the Picture directly on any of my favorite contacts it automatically dials the number, but when I touch the name under the picture it opens up a details window allowing me to call, send message, edit contact etc.

Is there a regedit or cab to change it so that when I hit the picture it doesn't automatically call &/or opens up the details window?

any thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

thanks!

thats because when you set up your favorites, it asks you what you want to do with that contact, thats why you press call, sms, email. so when you press that contacts picture, it does what you set it up to do. the little icon next to their name tells you what it will do when you press the picture. if you press the name, then you are given your options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kporter1500 (Post 1710730)
Mine does the exact opposite. When I touch the pic, it opens their information, when I touch the name...it makes the call....weird...

they are on 6.5, and i believe you are on 6.1, which works differently...but the same set up applies to you, just reversed..lol

nosajs 04-21-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyc1123 (Post 1710676)
delete the contact, add that contact again and when it asks you what action to perform when clicked, select "open contact card" and it will do what you're wanting it to do

that did it!
thanks to all for replying & pointing me in the right direction.

joeyc1123 04-21-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosajs (Post 1710850)
that did it!
thanks to all for replying & pointing me in the right direction.

No problem, that's what we're here for