PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

themogul8 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is it just me or is windows mobile 6.5 terrible

I have been suing the official sprint ROM for a few weeks now and I must say it is awful. I don't really have any mods other than the goodthings cleanup and my phone is constantly freezing up. It will often take 3 or 4 seconds to respond when I hit a button, which I can live with although it is very frustrating, but it freezes about once every day or so and the home screen is gone and I can't get it to do anything. It will take it minutes to get back to being operational and sometimes even after a soft reset it takes that long.

I loved this phone on 6.1, but I am now looking to switch to a droid phone once the new 4g phones are out.

Is anyone else having these issues?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Is it just me or is windows mobile 6.5 terrible

I am right there with you! 6.1 seems so much responsive but almost no chefs cook 6.1 ROMS anymore...sad. I'm jumping the boat with ya when an android phone from HTC with a harward keyboard for sprint comes out. Basically, the EVO 4g with a keyboard.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

^^ I hear you but I can not wait that long for a keyboard. I will just get the 4g evo then upgrade to a keyboard phone later.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dam90042 is becoming a great contributor

I so feel you on this!
This 6.5 Sprint rom is so crappy if you ask me.
I use SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 just to make this thing useable now.I have never had any of these locking up problems with 6.1 rom.
Who knows if we will ever see a fix anytime soon with Windows 7 just around the corner.
Damn you Microsoft, damn you!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I gotta say its the users...I have been using the official rom since its release (3/19/10) with no problems.6.1 might be a bit faster but as every os upgrades you will see a downfall to something else,but hey its up to you wether you wanna switch os's..i say dont be such a fanboy and say im ready to switch instead look for a device that fits you the best regardless of what os it runs.

P.S Droid is the line up on verizon E.G moto droid,HTC droid incredible..corrected its an android phone not a 4g droid thank you.have a good day
Old 04-21-2010, 03:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: sprint

Erik123 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Erik123

TheMog,

your right on.....This phone sucks, and the new rom!! E-mail is worse, it freezes all the time. I made a mistake of buying a plastic protective cover for this thing, the back snaps in place. Its a bitch to get of everytime i have to a soft reset, i finally took that damn protective cover and broke it 2 and threw the f'in thing away. I meet this chick at the gym, and i guess she works for tmobile, she was telling how cool the HD phone is, even said if i wanted to change carriers, she would hook me up with a slick deal. I am so sick of windows mobile and the lousy software it has, I dont know if i can wait for sprint to come out with that 4G phone. either way i'm opting out from windows and there damn phones, and going to straight Android!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/ TP1

pimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpol10 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Uninstall goodthings cleanup. I hear all it does is freeze up you phone. I had a stock 6.5 sprint rom for 2 months never gave me any problems at all, maybe a little bit laggy a times, but never freezes up. I advise you to go with a custom rom, much much better. I'm currently on Silence 12 Rom, everything just works perfect! Fast as hell!!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

HHHmmm, I think most long time TP2 Sprint users would say that the 6.5 upgrade was definitely better than the old 6.1. The stock roms run very well in either regard. You sound as if you have either a bad flash of the rom or another app causing you issues. The phone is seemingly as responsive or better as it was with 6.1 , especially running some apps such as mobile shell. Much smoother. I definitely think that we could have done without some of the bloatware but if that bothers you, thee is a rom or two out there that is stripped down for Sprint . I notice that most of the commentary that agrees with you seems to come from rather new users ( at least it appears that way).
Bottom line is , I think you have a different issue other than the ROM itself causing you to freeze. Either a reflash or maybe an app you have installed is causing the issue but I think most users have had no freezing issues with the new 6.5 from Sprint.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by themogul8 View Post
I have been suing the official sprint ROM for a few weeks now and I must say it is awful. I don't really have any mods other than the goodthings cleanup and my phone is constantly freezing up. It will often take 3 or 4 seconds to respond when I hit a button, which I can live with although it is very frustrating, but it freezes about once every day or so and the home screen is gone and I can't get it to do anything. It will take it minutes to get back to being operational and sometimes even after a soft reset it takes that long.

I loved this phone on 6.1, but I am now looking to switch to a droid phone once the new 4g phones are out.

Is anyone else having these issues?
not to be a smart ass, but if you liked 6.1 , why not switch back ?? I would go with something I loved over something I thought sucked
Old 04-21-2010, 07:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mhunt3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
Uninstall goodthings cleanup. I hear all it does is freeze up you phone. I had a stock 6.5 sprint rom for 2 months never gave me any problems at all, maybe a little bit laggy a times, but never freezes up. I advise you to go with a custom rom, much much better. I'm currently on Silence 12 Rom, everything just works perfect! Fast as hell!!
+1 for uninstall cleanup. It worked great for WM6.1, but I think there are still some bugs to work out for 6.5. I tried using the cleanup for about a month and constantly had problems. I hard reset about 3 weeks ago and didn't install the cleanup and my phone has run much smoother. I'll probably try cleanup again once the bugs are fixed, but for now it's not for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2