PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gpshemi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is it just me or is windows mobile 6.5 terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik123 View Post
TheMog,
Its a bitch to get of everytime i have to a soft reset, i finally took that damn protective cover and broke it 2 and threw the f'in thing away.
Do the drill hole mod. That's what I did. 30 seconds to mod, and now I can pull the stylus and reset with the cover in place. Don't even notice the hole.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

So, can you just uninstall the cleanup with no problems or is a hard reset necessary?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

furrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to furrelkt

Yes, can't wait for the new EVO, i will be getting that phone. I have also had a lot of issues with 6.5 and am running custom roms. mostly the lack of ram...or leaks or whatever it's called. lock ups and having to sr my phone all day.

ROM: Fresh
Rooted/NAND
Don't forget to give
Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

plus 5 on uninstallin g the cleanup cab. ive heard nothing but horror stories. im not sure if its really uninstallable, since it makes reg edits. id just back up my contacts, hard reset and forget you ever even saw the cleanup cab.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mias_Daddy is just getting started

I just upgraded to the 6.5 yesterday, came home and downloaded the task bar I had previously along with a few others and my phone acted all retarded. First off, it wouldn't let me reply to texts, then my contacts all disappeared, then the numbers on the keyboard wouldn't work when on sites that you use them on (Facebook, pressing "0" to refresh.) I brought it back this morning and they couldn't figure it out either. Whenever I would put ANY memory card in, it would do this. I am hoping that the new one delivered tomorrow will be better. I would like to use custom taskbar and download cabs so I am not stuck with this ugly stock stuff...YUK!!!

Being that I am somewhat a newbie and all, am I not supposed to use the same taskbars and other downloads that I once used with 6.1? I know there are different ROOMS, so I didn't use the same one as I did with the 6.1, but wasn't sure about the others.

IU am with most folks on here as I will be switching to Android come summer. Not sure if I will wait for the keyboard or not though. Sure makes life easier with it, right?!?

Thanks in Advance
Old 04-21-2010, 02:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

alot of us have been 6.5 for what, almost a year now it seems?? i remeber being a doubter that WE could complete 6.5 ahead of MS.. well we did it.. and had atleast 6months before offical releases came to light to tweak it out and such...

if your running Stock and not taking advantages given to you.. cabs, reg edits, switching out manila files, flashing custom roms, etc well then YOU ARE your own worst enemy... sure 6.5 isnt perfect, has MS ever had a perfect platform??? NO, so why did You think 6.5 would be perfect???

i understand the gripe completely.. should 6.5 of been ready to go, of course.. is it ready to go, not really... but its nothing new.. if 6.5 wasnt here yet, youd just be complaining about how your overly ready you are for it to get it here... sorry you have such issues with it that you feel its almost unuseable....

but since ive been tweaking 6.5 since it was first avaiable to custom flash, anything new 6.5 related just gets a few tweaks and is right as rain after that
Old 04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

6.1 is more faster and responsive but outdated. 6.5 is eye candy but a bit sluggish with the location weather turned on. And yes.. I reset my phone at least 1 time daily due t lockups. hehe..... but I preffer 6.5 for the candy.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:08 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mias_Daddy View Post
I just upgraded to the 6.5 yesterday, came home and downloaded the task bar I had previously along with a few others and my phone acted all retarded. First off, it wouldn't let me reply to texts, then my contacts all disappeared, then the numbers on the keyboard wouldn't work when on sites that you use them on (Facebook, pressing "0" to refresh.) I brought it back this morning and they couldn't figure it out either. Whenever I would put ANY memory card in, it would do this. I am hoping that the new one delivered tomorrow will be better. I would like to use custom taskbar and download cabs so I am not stuck with this ugly stock stuff...YUK!!!

Being that I am somewhat a newbie and all, am I not supposed to use the same taskbars and other downloads that I once used with 6.1? I know there are different ROOMS, so I didn't use the same one as I did with the 6.1, but wasn't sure about the others.

IU am with most folks on here as I will be switching to Android come summer. Not sure if I will wait for the keyboard or not though. Sure makes life easier with it, right?!?

Thanks in Advance
Taskbars are 6.1/6.5 specific...there is a specific thread for each. and also make sure you install a cdma taskbar...some cabs dont work, but that depends on what manila version you have. as for apps, most will work with 6.5..but that depends on your resolution.
to sum it up:
1. dont use 6.1 taskbar with 6.5
2. You might have had a bad flash, hard reset and reflash.
3. Its ROM..
4. For any manila tweaks, make sure you know what version of manila you are using and that the tweak is compatible with it

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

semifast is just getting started

Running stock Sprint rom with Cookies home page with no issues for several weeks. When I first tried it with G2L Cleanup I had lots of problems so I'd try running it without that.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

vfrjim is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
Do the drill hole mod. That's what I did. 30 seconds to mod, and now I can pull the stylus and reset with the cover in place. Don't even notice the hole.

Why do you need to do any mod? A soft reset is done by holding the power button for approx 4 seconds till the SHUTXP menu shows up and hit the soft reset button.

Jim

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2