PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 08:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I.M.O i wouldnt say terrible, but id def have to say itts not all that great. in order to have 6.1 work halfway decent i had to install so many fkn .cabs & then set the thing up to personal preferance .. part of me wants to go back so im feeling like im stuck between a sh!t & a fart here on that decision ... soft resetting multiple times a day is a nuisance & i already hard reset 4 times & im only running stock with a few tweaks. the majority says to flash to a custom but i read that the memory & lagging issue is still there. sum will argue but im looking for a rom where i dont have to constantly restart the phone or deal with multiple bugs. im not loyal to winmo im loyal to the most reliable phone for my lifestyle.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Is it just me or is windows mobile 6.5 terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by themogul8 View Post
I have been suing the official sprint ROM for a few weeks now and I must say it is awful. I don't really have any mods other than the goodthings cleanup and my phone is constantly freezing up. It will often take 3 or 4 seconds to respond when I hit a button, which I can live with although it is very frustrating, but it freezes about once every day or so and the home screen is gone and I can't get it to do anything. It will take it minutes to get back to being operational and sometimes even after a soft reset it takes that long.

I loved this phone on 6.1, but I am now looking to switch to a droid phone once the new 4g phones are out.

Is anyone else having these issues?
sounds like sense 2.5 is freezing up your phone. try mobile shell until you get your next phone. might make you like your phone again.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpol10 View Post
Uninstall goodthings cleanup. I hear all it does is freeze up you phone. I had a stock 6.5 sprint rom for 2 months never gave me any problems at all, maybe a little bit laggy a times, but never freezes up. I advise you to go with a custom rom, much much better. I'm currently on Silence 12 Rom, everything just works perfect! Fast as hell!!
stock sprint ROM has barely been out a month. How have you had time to run it for 2months, plus the custom ROMs for at least a week???
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I have to look at the post count of the complainers and wonder whats going on. I use the stock rom and Im good.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

If it was all that great would there be so many complainers? I do not think so

Don't click me
Old 04-21-2010, 08:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One

chino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributionschino331 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to chino331 Send a message via Skype™ to chino331

try a custom 6.5 ROM - much better than the sprint stock IMO...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Not everyone is complaining and Im sure they have at least heard of custom roms but choose not to flash. SOoooooooo.....Why complain?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

speedracersdead is a n00b

I didn't like the Sprint Stock 6.5 Rom all that much. I ran it for a week and it did freeze a few times for me, and rebooted in the middle of a call for no good reason (which is where I draw the line as far as functionality of a phone).

I've been running Mr.X's 6.5 ROM for 3 weeks with no restarts/freezes and my battery life/mem usage/responsiveness has never been this good. The only slightly annoying thing is the text messaging (randomly deciding to use HTC vs MS messaging) issue that appears to be all 6.5 builds....but I really haven't had time or motivation to keep track of that issue.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Yea, the clean up needs to be removed, it has issues with 6.5. Also there are several ROMs out there that are 6.5, but have a lot of issues removed. Look to RSTGs roms, they are basically stock with the annoyances removed. And yes, if you dont like it, why not switch back to 6.1? I am ready to switch to Android as well, but just for something new to play with. Winmo is still the best as far as productivity, imho.

Help Me Help You
Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

6.5 isn't a great step up from 6.1 in terms of functionality.
But it's providing me the SAME efficiencies as 6.1 with approx. the same number of tweaks (esp Cookie's Home Page app).
ie performing just like 6.1 on my baseline tasks.
I have had the usual # of freezes that I had on 6.1.

Every OS wether stock or otherwise have whiners. Nothing new.
As for the somewhat 2 pages of complaints so far....what a body of damning evidence this is. Always said smartphone need smart users.

Last edited by Q_Q; 04-21-2010 at 11:22 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2