PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cabs to Disable Unused Services - Updated {2010-03-20}

Attached are some cabs to set some services you may not use to manual.

Take the ones that are of interest to you.

Disabling them should help memory and battery.

Click thanks if it helps...

More Info
  • If you use Bluetooth, skip the audio gateway cab and the profiles cab
  • If you sink with Bluetooth, skip the Sync Bluetooth Server cab
  • If you depend on your device to update you media files, skip the media update service cab
  • If you do not read ebooks, then you can disable the service
  • Glad to answer any more questions...
New Requests
  • Cabs to disable HTC Services - Unzip and disable what you do not use. I know the document indexer has an impact, but I am not sure what kind of saving you can hope to achieve with the rest.
  • Only use them if you have the tabs disabled
    • Document Indexer
    • Footprints
    • Reader
    • Stocks
    • Twitter
    • Push Internet
Updates 2010-03-08
  • Fixed a bug in the Ebook Download Service cab 1.1
  • Modified the Push Internet Engine cab to include all the various ways HTC has implimented this in different versions 1.2 (beside tab specific enine posted seperate)
Here is another post of mine to disable unused devices: CLICK ME.

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 03-20-2010 at 09:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 49 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work
Re: Cabs to disable unused services

Is this like on Windows, where if a service it set to manual and you start a program that requires the service, it will be started automatically at that point?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

could someone maybe describe a little more detail which services these would disable?

like BT audio gateway? would it kill my bt headset?

BT profiles? whats this multiple bt syncs? or just 1 or something else

Media library update service? is this wmp? if it is im pretty sure i can disable i prefer nitrogen or htc music tab or core player

myphone...explains it self, i'll leave mine on since i sync with it

push internet...pretty self explained i would suggest everyone use this, unless you dont have a data plan but if u dont why do u have a tp2?

sync bt server? hmm whats this, i sync with usb cable so i guess this would be the option to sync via bt, since my pc doesnt have bt this is probably a good one for me

thanks

Old 02-15-2010, 01:58 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

can you make one for no push outlook?? im constantly finding that open & when it is can not dissconect data or put phone in airplane mode. I dont use email on my phone either.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:59 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
could someone maybe describe a little more detail which services these would disable?

like BT audio gateway? would it kill my bt headset?

BT profiles? whats this multiple bt syncs? or just 1 or something else

Media library update service? is this wmp? if it is im pretty sure i can disable i prefer nitrogen or htc music tab or core player

myphone...explains it self, i'll leave mine on since i sync with it

push internet...pretty self explained i would suggest everyone use this, unless you dont have a data plan but if u dont why do u have a tp2?

sync bt server? hmm whats this, i sync with usb cable so i guess this would be the option to sync via bt, since my pc doesnt have bt this is probably a good one for me

thanks
I will edit the main post with a little more info...
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 AM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
can you make one for no push outlook?? im constantly finding that open & when it is can not dissconect data or put phone in airplane mode. I dont use email on my phone either.

Are you talking about disabling active sync? If not, do you know the name of the service?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

oh wow, this saves me alot of headache with my new rom.

Remember to thank him guys
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Nice job Duck, and thanks for using your talents for good....

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
aliens50

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hey Duck, thanks for putting all of these in one place. Does the "recent documents" tab also have a service? If so, think you could cab something up to disable that too? Thanks again.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Hey Duck, thanks for putting all of these in one place. Does the "recent documents" tab also have a service? If so, think you could cab something up to disable that too? Thanks again.
I think NRG already put something together for this, but it was pretty easy so I made a bunch of them:

Ninja Duck Disable SRV - HTC.zip
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2