PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xzjn9p is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talk me out of a TP2

Background: Sprint SERO plan (ie. limited to win-mo phones), currently have a diamond running manilla-less 6.5.3 and SPB mobile shell with mobile-sense skin. It works for me.

Needs: good phone reception, good browser, battery, weather, runs garmin... umm solitaire?

So TP2 is now $199 which is tempting, but the diamond as configured/tweaked really does everything I need. I am somewhat annoyed that the screen on my diamond is cracked but it doesn't affect functionality.

I realized this is a BS subjective question, but.. is the TP2 really that much better than a diamond?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Talk me out of a TP2

You can ask this question 1000 times and you'll get 1000 answers. My opinion is yes. However I opted for the TP over the diamond because of the hardware keyboard, the ability to add memory cards and it's rugged good looks. lol.

After going through 7 TP's I finally upgraded to the TP2 (Yes I consider it an upgrade) The day I got it in the mail... My wife looked at it and said, "Now, THAT'S a Man's phone".
The larger keyboard and screen, higher rez, longer battery life, headphone jack, and rugged good looks make it a much better phone to own.
However, not everyone will agree... The diamond is a very nice phone and if you don't care about a keyboard, you should just keep what works for you.
The choice is ultimately yours and you are the one that will be dropping the cash. So, I hope our input is helpful in your decision.
p.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If your Diamond "does everything you need", then you are just itching to spend money. So go ahead lol
Old 04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work

More ram and the bigger screen is what got me.

I mean.... no, don't buy it!
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I can't talk you out of it. The TP2 is a phenomenal device. Even with similar hardware as the Diamond/TP, it seems to outperform them anyway. And the screen...my god...you don't fully realize how much bigger it is until you get one. Not only is it a hell of a lot longer, it's also quite a bit wider as well. The keyboard is hands down the best mobile keyboard I've had the pleasure of using, and battery life (for me) is a little better than it was with the TP1.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anybody who likes and uses a diamond has my admiration for the level of suffering you put yourself thru. If a wm device is your only option and being with sprint, I'd def get a tp2. So much better than a diamond. If your used to small and lite tho, the tp2 is not that. But it is uber nice.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:26 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

damn. let me start out by saying that i liked it more when the tp2 was 3 to 5 hundred dollars, just because i didnt have to see 2 of these threads a day. im not talking stuff or anything, i just had to get that out of the way. now. i wouldnt recomend the tp2 unless you were constrained by budget. if youve got 350 dollars to spend, hold out and get a better phone coming out this summer. tp2 is the last of a great generation of phones. EVERYTHING coming out has way better specs. let me name a few. AMOLED capacitive screens. 3.5 is plenty big, but not really the standard now. you should look for 4 in or better. but thats not the biggest point really. im looking for 1 gig ram, 1 ghz processors. (or better now, like a dual core). also, im a fan of winmo, but im starting to agree with alot of folks around here. android may be the way to go. i dont really know though. thats just opinion there. i love my touchpro 2, but would i buy one now, even for2 hundred bucks? no. esspecially if i had to renew a contract for it. also, any one notice its dying around here? even the tp2 forum, the busiest here at ppcgeeks isnt that busy anymore. were all stkill here, just dispersed among the android, hd2, and soon to be evo and incredible forums. sorry for the long talk, and not using paragraphs. just deal with it. i do.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

dont buy it, that work?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

buy the htc evo aka supersonic when is available
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Skim through this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108601

Don't click me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2