PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Talk me out of a TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118616)

xzjn9p 04-20-2010 12:00 PM

Talk me out of a TP2

Background: Sprint SERO plan (ie. limited to win-mo phones), currently have a diamond running manilla-less 6.5.3 and SPB mobile shell with mobile-sense skin. It works for me.

Needs: good phone reception, good browser, battery, weather, runs garmin... umm solitaire?

So TP2 is now $199 which is tempting, but the diamond as configured/tweaked really does everything I need. I am somewhat annoyed that the screen on my diamond is cracked but it doesn't affect functionality.

I realized this is a BS subjective question, but.. is the TP2 really that much better than a diamond?

AZTECHKA 04-20-2010 12:25 PM

Re: Talk me out of a TP2

You can ask this question 1000 times and you'll get 1000 answers. My opinion is yes. However I opted for the TP over the diamond because of the hardware keyboard, the ability to add memory cards and it's rugged good looks. lol.

After going through 7 TP's I finally upgraded to the TP2 (Yes I consider it an upgrade) The day I got it in the mail... My wife looked at it and said, "Now, THAT'S a Man's phone".
The larger keyboard and screen, higher rez, longer battery life, headphone jack, and rugged good looks make it a much better phone to own.
However, not everyone will agree... The diamond is a very nice phone and if you don't care about a keyboard, you should just keep what works for you.
The choice is ultimately yours and you are the one that will be dropping the cash. So, I hope our input is helpful in your decision.
p.

TheBundo 04-20-2010 12:27 PM

If your Diamond "does everything you need", then you are just itching to spend money. So go ahead lol

8rotor8 04-20-2010 12:37 PM

More ram and the bigger screen is what got me.

I mean.... no, don't buy it!

Cicatrize 04-20-2010 01:00 PM

I can't talk you out of it. The TP2 is a phenomenal device. Even with similar hardware as the Diamond/TP, it seems to outperform them anyway. And the screen...my god...you don't fully realize how much bigger it is until you get one. Not only is it a hell of a lot longer, it's also quite a bit wider as well. The keyboard is hands down the best mobile keyboard I've had the pleasure of using, and battery life (for me) is a little better than it was with the TP1.

cbreze 04-20-2010 02:49 PM

Anybody who likes and uses a diamond has my admiration for the level of suffering you put yourself thru. If a wm device is your only option and being with sprint, I'd def get a tp2. So much better than a diamond. If your used to small and lite tho, the tp2 is not that. But it is uber nice.

austin420 04-20-2010 03:26 PM

damn. let me start out by saying that i liked it more when the tp2 was 3 to 5 hundred dollars, just because i didnt have to see 2 of these threads a day. im not talking stuff or anything, i just had to get that out of the way. now. i wouldnt recomend the tp2 unless you were constrained by budget. if youve got 350 dollars to spend, hold out and get a better phone coming out this summer. tp2 is the last of a great generation of phones. EVERYTHING coming out has way better specs. let me name a few. AMOLED capacitive screens. 3.5 is plenty big, but not really the standard now. you should look for 4 in or better. but thats not the biggest point really. im looking for 1 gig ram, 1 ghz processors. (or better now, like a dual core). also, im a fan of winmo, but im starting to agree with alot of folks around here. android may be the way to go. i dont really know though. thats just opinion there. i love my touchpro 2, but would i buy one now, even for2 hundred bucks? no. esspecially if i had to renew a contract for it. also, any one notice its dying around here? even the tp2 forum, the busiest here at ppcgeeks isnt that busy anymore. were all stkill here, just dispersed among the android, hd2, and soon to be evo and incredible forums. sorry for the long talk, and not using paragraphs. just deal with it. i do.

darren.wlsn1 04-20-2010 03:40 PM

dont buy it, that work?

rigo 04-20-2010 03:47 PM

buy the htc evo aka supersonic when is available

QMeli907 04-20-2010 03:52 PM

Skim through this thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108601