PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 03:55 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Talk me out of a TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigo View Post
buy the htc evo aka supersonic when is available
unfortunatly, i can tell you the response your about to get.[B][I][U] "but rigo, the evo runs android and and you cant get an android device on a sero plan"
[U][I][B]
to which id say, youve enjoyed the cheapness of a sero plan long enough. get with the real world and pay for the services you want. ever wonder why sprint is going broke? sero plans and giving away hardware.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
damn. let me start out by saying that i liked it more when the tp2 was 3 to 5 hundred dollars, just because i didnt have to see 2 of these threads a day. im not talking stuff or anything, i just had to get that out of the way. now. i wouldnt recomend the tp2 unless you were constrained by budget. if youve got 350 dollars to spend, hold out and get a better phone coming out this summer. tp2 is the last of a great generation of phones. EVERYTHING coming out has way better specs. let me name a few. AMOLED capacitive screens. 3.5 is plenty big, but not really the standard now. you should look for 4 in or better. but thats not the biggest point really. im looking for 1 gig ram, 1 ghz processors. (or better now, like a dual core). also, im a fan of winmo, but im starting to agree with alot of folks around here. android may be the way to go. i dont really know though. thats just opinion there. i love my touchpro 2, but would i buy one now, even for2 hundred bucks? no. esspecially if i had to renew a contract for it. also, any one notice its dying around here? even the tp2 forum, the busiest here at ppcgeeks isnt that busy anymore. were all stkill here, just dispersed among the android, hd2, and soon to be evo and incredible forums. sorry for the long talk, and not using paragraphs. just deal with it. i do.
yeah, but you are definitely not getting a 4g, 1ghz, 500k ram, android phone on sero....

if you are looking for the last great phone on sero, tp2 is it. get it now, ride it for as long as possible, then you will have to join the rest of us in the real world of cell phone plans.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Shabaz is a n00b

I had the Diamond not too long ago, and even though I was just running the stock rom, I was pretty happy with it. The one big thing that kept bothering me was using the on-screen keyboard (mind you, this is before I had swype). I liked the size, battery life was good more the most part, and it did pretty much what i wanted. I got lucky and got the manager at the sprint store by my place to replace mine with a TP2 (no $300!!!). At first i was astonished by how big it was but after a while i started loving it. The keyboard is freakin awesome. I can finally text properly! Battery life is good. It does everything I want still. Camera is a little better than the diamond. Overall satisfied with the TP2. If I could change one thing about the TP2 would be to have Android on it instead of WM 6.5. Other than that I'm pretty happy with it. I would recommend you switch especially if you can somehow get it through TEP. I would be reluctant to pay the full 300 for it since the EVO is coming out, but considering that you're on SERO I guess you dont have much of an option.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

aanast2 is just getting started

Don't get the TP2:

1. costs too much
2. too big & wide - not pocketable compared to the nicely sized diamond
3. too thick & heavy with that keyboard, who needs hard keyboards when you can get a nice on screen touch keyboard to use on your diamond
4. no cool zoom/scroll wheel on tp2 like the diamond, instead you have to use that zoom bar on tp2.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanast2 View Post
Don't get the TP2:

1. costs too much
3. too thick & heavy with that keyboard, who needs hard keyboards when you can get a nice on screen touch keyboard to use on your diamond
4. no cool zoom/scroll wheel on tp2 like the diamond, instead you have to use that zoom bar on tp2.
Bah. You're just jealous.

I loved my Diamond. I didn't even sell my Diamond before I got my TP2 just in case I missed it. I don't miss it. The TP2 with Mobile Shell is the BOMB!!

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanast2 View Post
Don't get the TP2:

1. costs too much
Who compares old phones to a touch pro 2? haha

Sounds like the diamond was nice but I believe there are now better phones out there than both of these devices.

Sprint - EVO 4G, VZW - Droid Incredible

Don't click me
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

are we really comparing a diamond, with it's <3" screen and no hardware keyboard to a tp2?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
are we really comparing a diamond, with it's <3" screen and no hardware keyboard to a tp2?
By the looks of it, sadly yes haha
Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

LOL Had me checking my pants! ahahahaha.. Chicks like the phone too!

But yea, the keyboard was a biggy for me.. I hate those tiny on screen keyboards.. Its also an easy phone to mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
it's rugged good looks. lol.

My wife looked at it and said, "Now, THAT'S a Man's phone".
The larger keyboard and screen, higher rez, longer battery life, headphone jack, and rugged good looks make it a much better phone to own.
However, not everyone will agree... p.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

docmarioce is a n00b

don't buy it. I have always been happy with my phones and still bought/upgraded to the next new device and what I learned was that I really did not need to. Is the TP2 better than the diamond. The short answer is YES. Do you need to upgrade to the Touch Pro 2? If you think the answer twice maybe you don't need the upgrade. Is up to you. But I also think you might have made your decision to upgrade once you decided to through your post to this forum. Anyway good luck in your decision.

Mario

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2