PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How long does your battery last (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118613)

gorelow 04-20-2010 11:40 AM

How long does your battery last

I took my phone off the charger made 45 minutes worth of calls and now its at 68 percent. Never have my bluetooth wireless or data connection on. This is normal (and sad ) for me. Ive tried five different roms so how long does your battery last?

iknight8 04-20-2010 11:43 AM

Re: How long does your battery last

i just installed NRGz april 17th GTX rom... will post feedback on how long the battery lasts!

dallas contractor 04-20-2010 12:39 PM

I a running Stock 6.5 and after that many calls I at about 84%. I can run two days on one charge, thats with BT on and earpiece for VC.

AZTECHKA 04-20-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorelow (Post 1708862)
I took my phone off the charger made 45 minutes worth of calls and now its at 68 percent. Never have my bluetooth wireless or data connection on. This is normal (and sad ) for me. Ive tried five different roms so how long does your battery last?

Your results were typical for me as well when I had the TP...
(Looks like that's the phone you have)

With the TP2, I get much better results... A couple of phone calls, several emails (read), facebook updates received via text, checks weather every 2 hours, checks email every 2 hours (3 accounts), Checks stocks every 6 hours), My location is enabled, and 2 alarm reminders(lunch).
I get home and still have 60-to 70% battery left at the end of the day... Much less if I listen to some Slacker Radio or something like that of course.
p.

ChrisH09 04-20-2010 12:53 PM

I've sorta givin up on 6.5. As of late I have noticed the battery dies pretty quick. No because of battery issues...but due to the fact this phone is constantly using data. The difference between 6.1 and 6.5 is quiet big. 6.1 didn't have all the integrated apps (Facebook, twitter, location weather) built in..and I have come to relize that is one of the major reasons this phone doesn't stay charged very long. 6.5 has alot more added to it to make it more social network enabled...which is a plus, but also a minus...but if your welling to deal with the shorter battery life then thats the price to pay.

I am thinking I will do a little study to see the major differences between the two, battery life wise and determine weather or not I want to stay with 6.5, or go with 6.1.
I have also noticed alot more threads in this forum about battery life with 6.5. Wish me luck...

delfin2003 04-20-2010 02:08 PM

seems like stock 6.5 sucks the life out of battery FAST! On custom rom 28XXX I can last 2.5 days with average use, on stock it wouldn't even last a day for me

mxcrowe 04-20-2010 02:19 PM

If I use the phone lightly, just a few short calls during the day, I am getting three full days out of a charge. After living with the "charge every night" Fuze (TP1), I am perfectly happy with this battery performance.

I should add that occasionally, something gets started that chews up battery life in a hurry and requires a reboot to get drain time back to normal. Still haven't nailed down what this gremlin is...

cbreze 04-20-2010 02:38 PM

I average about a day and a half. I charge nightly tho with 40 to 50% left after a day of medium to heavy usage. Running stock 6.1

Baadandy 04-20-2010 02:57 PM

I charge mine 2-3 times a day depending on how much slacker radio, and web surfing I do, my phone never stops using data traffic unless I leave it in the case. Just for phone calls I can last about 12 hours.
I am running the latest mightyrom, and have no less than 2 bars of 3G all day.

M2CARBINE 04-20-2010 03:35 PM

1500mah Stock 4 hours
2000mah chinese $9 ebay 3.5 hours
3200mah Mugen extended 16 hours
3500mah Seidio extended 33 hours