PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

redex777 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Sprint TP2, All hardware buttons not working!

This is the second time that all hardware buttons randomly stopped functioning. The only way to turn on the screen is by sliding the keyboard open and closed again (during the course of composing this post I now have to slide the keyboard and wait for about 30 seconds before the screen turns on). The touchscreen is completely functional, and, strangely, so is the capacitive zoom-slider.

This seems to happen randomly, and the first time it happened (last week) I just backed up with myPhone and hard-reset and that fixed it.

A few other details:
  • every time anything goes full screen (almost every app, including start menu), this weird expanding-box animation plays, starting at the center and expanding out, kind of like windows Aero on a pc, but much older looking.
  • the device wakes from sleep mode seemingly randomly, and I have to wait for it to turn off on its own because the power button doesn't work.
  • soft-resets/removing the battery doesn't seem to be doing anything
  • G-Sensor works fine
  • attempting to use the internet sharing application results in some error (code 63 i think, incorrect Sprint provisioning username/pass... but that happens even when the hardware buttons do work
A little history of this device (possible causes):
  • I dropped it rather hard on the street a few weeks ago, causing scratches on the corners, but that was a long time ago.
  • I have flashed a few roms over the last couple of months: EnergyROM, MightyROM, and sSs,
  • I have installed the HaRET loader to the SD card for running android builds, but removing the SD card entirely doesn't change a thing
Any help or ideas as to the cause would be greatly appreciated, but I do have insurance if we can't figure it out, or if it isn't worth fixing.

Thanks iff you help!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:48 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Sprint TP2, All hardware buttons not working!

call sprint and get refurb on there bill.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
buttons, hardware, keyboard, not functioning, not working