PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: why have you not switch to andriod? curious...

because i love my tp2...flaws and all!!!!!!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
because i love my tp2...flaws and all!!!!!!
I agree! Except for the part about the flaws lol! I know there might be a few of them on my TP2 somewhere, but I sure can't find it...

Go winmo!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
I agree! Except for the part about the flaws lol! I know there might be a few of them on my TP2 somewhere, but I sure can't find it...

Go winmo!
My only complaint is the lag. Even with flashed roms you still see lag here and there and the high ram usage which you gotta reset every now and then.

I messed with my friends [phone which shall not be named in this forum] you know the one made by that fruity company? and it is majorly quick, especially swapping screens.
Weight of the phone? who cares...i'm a guy!

I love everything else about the phone especially compared to all the other crap offered by sprint.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:56 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

because Android doesnt really do anything my WinMo device cant already do... not anything that i do with them anyways...

its just a different UI that i dont even really like as far as im concerned...and differnt apps.. so what.. from the looks of things so far, i have no interest at all in "Windows i dont know what to call my new line anymore 7 phone".. i have 4 lines, so im getting an EVO too.. but im getting it for the speed, not for Android.. as far as im concerned Android is the drawback to me getting an EVO..
Old 04-20-2010, 04:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

why havent i switched to android?
No device out there except the EVo(for specs) has attracted me,my tp2 does everything i need it to.Doesn't matter what platform it is.The TP2 succeeds in my book.I don't see the big + in android i really don't if ya ask me wm the way it is now is just fine...

Last edited by Rager02; 04-20-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

ok speakin for someone who has tried the 2 android fones on sprint and kept coming back to the tp2

I didn't like the moment keyboard and the battery life was horrible, but that was fixed with the sprint update...the cam was nice, I must admit, but I think that was the lack of flash on the tp2 talkin. the fact that the moment had no light or anything to notify that you had a txt or vm , you just either had to catch the sound when it happened, which was low, or constantly check it to see, plus alot of my friends couldn't hear me as good either. and some apps that worked on the Hero didn't work on the moment...

Now for the Hero, I liked this alot better than the moment, but once again I missed my TP2, I hate typing on a small screen and actually the fone was a lil too small and girly for me LOL, no but honestly it was small, I constantly had to keep checkin if I still had it in my pocket... I like the UI and Apps, the cam was better, but the main thing is I really couldn't get pass was the onscreen type and the battery life wasn't the best, but the no lag I loved...it may just be me but after awhile on my 6.5 rom on my tp2, updating twitter slows the whole system down...

SO the evo is for me, I'm gonna love it! It's worth talkin my mom into changin her plan so I can get an early upgrade LOL. I already used my brothers to get the Hero. But I also see wm as a failing OS, the fact that even Apple realized the joy of multitasking to put it in OS 4 and Windows decides to take it out??? That was a key feature of windows.... I'm just soo ready to go to android and stay there for a few years!

Last edited by Ticklemepinks; 04-20-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sero...

Although the EVO will likely change that.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

will the evo have a physical keyboard?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: axim, PPC-6700, Mogul, Touch, touch pro

j10376 is becoming a great contributor

Becuase of the lack of enterprise support
Old 04-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
ok speakin for someone who has tried the 2 android fones on sprint and kept coming back to the tp2

I didn't like the moment keyboard and the battery life was horrible, but that was fixed with the sprint update...the cam was nice, I must admit, but I think that was the lack of flash on the tp2 talkin. the fact that the moment had no light or anything to notify that you had a txt or vm , you just either had to catch the sound when it happened, which was low, or constantly check it to see, plus alot of my friends couldn't hear me as good either. and some apps that worked on the Hero didn't work on the moment...

Now for the Hero, I liked this alot better than the moment, but once again I missed my TP2, I hate typing on a small screen and actually the fone was a lil too small and girly for me LOL, no but honestly it was small, I constantly had to keep checkin if I still had it in my pocket... I like the UI and Apps, the cam was better, but the main thing is I really couldn't get pass was the onscreen type and the battery life wasn't the best, but the no lag I loved...it may just be me but after awhile on my 6.5 rom on my tp2, updating twitter slows the whole system down...

SO the evo is for me, I'm gonna love it! It's worth talkin my mom into changin her plan so I can get an early upgrade LOL. I already used my brothers to get the Hero. But I also see wm as a failing OS, the fact that even Apple realized the joy of multitasking to put it in OS 4 and Windows decides to take it out??? That was a key feature of windows.... I'm just soo ready to go to android and stay there for a few years!
...and we will welcome you back to Android with open arms, sorta like that welcome back to Comcast from FiOs commercial lol. I feel you on the keyboard though, it was a huge sacrifice giving up my TP2 enormous screen for a smaller one, but Swype has made it very easier to type on the Hero, and overall I'm happy with my decision. Now June needs to hurry up so I can get me Evo!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2