PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: why have you not switch to andriod? curious...

I'm waiting for a fully functional ROM I can flash so I can make the switch. I'm not interested in running Android off of my SD Card.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I dumped the TP2 after about 4-5 months of use and also playing around with the Android Development which seems to have lost ALOT of momentum. I chose to use a Moment as my device. It smokes a TP2 pretty good. There are no bs cab fixes. The thing just works right out of the box. Oh and I cannot say enough about Marketplace for Android... WOW ... You could spend a whole weekend testing out FREE apps that work.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:26 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
I'm waiting for a fully functional ROM I can flash so I can make the switch. I'm not interested in running Android off of my SD Card.
umm keep dreaming bud, the internal storage space is not big enough to hold an Android rom. Will not ever happen.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
umm keep dreaming bud, the internal storage space is not big enough to hold an Android rom. Will not ever happen.
i have faith there will be. there is fully working rom builds for the touch. its getting there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

The only reason I have not switched is that I am not at a point in my contract where I can get an upgrade for less than full retail.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

glittler is becoming a great contributor

Waiting for my contract to expire and to move off of SERO and for the EVO to come out. Other than that I am extremely excited to get on Android
Old 04-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

playing with the tp2 port convinced me enough to move to android haha. just got the incredible today, and it is amazing. i am overwhelmed though since i am entirely new to android, but it was worth it. soon enough i'll know it better than i did winmo. when you get the chance switch, its so much better than winmo...however i have high hopes for wp7. but android will be a nice filler until that gets ironed out
Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work

i've been using android on the tp2 as my primary OS for more than a week (i reboot to wm6.5 every night so galarm can wake me up in the morning), its stable enough with the new release that i can email, take calls, text, internet, and use most of the apps without it crashing. sure there are some things that don't work and probably won't ever work but i will have to stick with using the port till I can get an extension discount from sprint in 2012....sigh. partially working android is better than no android at all.
Old 04-30-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid - 1.2ghz
Carrier: MetroPCS

goldenu is just getting started

Will be making the jump as soon as the Incredible can be flashed to MetroPCS. I would have stuck around, but winmo development hit zero as soon as that "I wanna be a 1st-gen iPhone" Winphonewhateverthehelltheycallit. No, if I'd wanted an iPhone, I'd have bought one, and riding out a dead platform is just depressing.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerpro3 View Post
You don't "have to", some people just think it's fun. The difference is, with Android you're barely missing any functionality if you decide not to root. With windows mobile, you HAVE to have a custom rom to even have a barely functional phone.
see, that is crap, winmo 6.1 with mobile shell was very functional and fast without freezeups, and it was stock.
I went custom because of 6.5.x. Liked the buttons on the bottom. And I would challenge any android phone with similar specs to my touchpro2 to a speed test and see what is faster.

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 04-30-2010 at 07:55 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2