PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How long does your battery last

I took my phone off the charger made 45 minutes worth of calls and now its at 68 percent. Never have my bluetooth wireless or data connection on. This is normal (and sad ) for me. Ive tried five different roms so how long does your battery last?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8
Re: How long does your battery last

i just installed NRGz april 17th GTX rom... will post feedback on how long the battery lasts!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 04-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I a running Stock 6.5 and after that many calls I at about 84%. I can run two days on one charge, thats with BT on and earpiece for VC.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
I took my phone off the charger made 45 minutes worth of calls and now its at 68 percent. Never have my bluetooth wireless or data connection on. This is normal (and sad ) for me. Ive tried five different roms so how long does your battery last?
Your results were typical for me as well when I had the TP...
(Looks like that's the phone you have)

With the TP2, I get much better results... A couple of phone calls, several emails (read), facebook updates received via text, checks weather every 2 hours, checks email every 2 hours (3 accounts), Checks stocks every 6 hours), My location is enabled, and 2 alarm reminders(lunch).
I get home and still have 60-to 70% battery left at the end of the day... Much less if I listen to some Slacker Radio or something like that of course.
p.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I've sorta givin up on 6.5. As of late I have noticed the battery dies pretty quick. No because of battery issues...but due to the fact this phone is constantly using data. The difference between 6.1 and 6.5 is quiet big. 6.1 didn't have all the integrated apps (Facebook, twitter, location weather) built in..and I have come to relize that is one of the major reasons this phone doesn't stay charged very long. 6.5 has alot more added to it to make it more social network enabled...which is a plus, but also a minus...but if your welling to deal with the shorter battery life then thats the price to pay.

I am thinking I will do a little study to see the major differences between the two, battery life wise and determine weather or not I want to stay with 6.5, or go with 6.1.
I have also noticed alot more threads in this forum about battery life with 6.5. Wish me luck...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

seems like stock 6.5 sucks the life out of battery FAST! On custom rom 28XXX I can last 2.5 days with average use, on stock it wouldn't even last a day for me
Old 04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mxcrowe is a n00b

If I use the phone lightly, just a few short calls during the day, I am getting three full days out of a charge. After living with the "charge every night" Fuze (TP1), I am perfectly happy with this battery performance.

I should add that occasionally, something gets started that chews up battery life in a hurry and requires a reboot to get drain time back to normal. Still haven't nailed down what this gremlin is...
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I average about a day and a half. I charge nightly tho with 40 to 50% left after a day of medium to heavy usage. Running stock 6.1
Old 04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Incredible, I came from TP2
Carrier: verizon

Baadandy is a n00b

I charge mine 2-3 times a day depending on how much slacker radio, and web surfing I do, my phone never stops using data traffic unless I leave it in the case. Just for phone calls I can last about 12 hours.
I am running the latest mightyrom, and have no less than 2 bars of 3G all day.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

M2CARBINE is a n00b

1500mah Stock 4 hours
2000mah chinese $9 ebay 3.5 hours
3200mah Mugen extended 16 hours
3500mah Seidio extended 33 hours