PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who can help with Exchange?

Okay geeks, I am currently trying out a ROM that will not connect to my exchange server at work.

What are the most common reasons that I should check in the ROM setup?

FYI, Exchange works with all my other ROMS and passwords and such are correct so i am looking for an answer more specific to the ROM builds.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: Who can help with Exchange?

The server name is correct and password correct? Is it not connecting entirely or just maintaining connection? If not maintaining connection then check the time setting withing Active Sync and Schedule.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
The server name is correct and password correct? Is it not connecting entirely or just maintaining connection? If not maintaining connection then check the time setting withing Active Sync and Schedule.
It is giving a sync error. I am just wondering if anyone knows a reg setting or something that may have been missed by the chef of the rom.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul --> HTC TP2

elcapitan154 is just getting started

Your phone needs to trust the root certificate authority that issued the cert for your work's ActiveSync/OWA server. Look and see if your ROM has all of the root CAs installed: Settings --> All Settings --> System --> Certificates (Root tab). If all fails, click the sync error report and Google the error number.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

elcapitan154 is right. there might be some trust issues with the custom ROM and your exchange server. I was having the same issues with the stock sprint 6.5 ROM and my works exchange server until I remembered I has an old copy of the cert on my palm pc. check out this post for instructions on how to obtain a cert when your phone will not pull it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117321
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Thanks guys. I keep a copy of the certificate on my sd card as well. I believe something in coolsacs rom is not setup right.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2