PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Xcurrent is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Member: Email Help

I currently have a blackberry and recently purchased the Touch pro. I am having difficulties with the way the email seems to work on the TP2. Once the email was on my Blackberry, it would keep it for 30 days so I could go back, review or respond to old emails. Now, on the HTC, as soon as I download email to my computer, it deletes it off of theTP.On the blackberry, as long is at is downloaded before the PC, it stays on the blackberry. Am I missing something? I know that you can opt to to keep the email on the server, then it won't delete off of the TP, but I cannot do that because my mail server would be over quota in a a few days with the amount of data I receive. Is there any way I can set up the TP2 to be like the blackberry when it comes to email? Thanks Rob

Last edited by Xcurrent; 04-19-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: font change
Old 04-19-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work
Re: New Member: Email Help

You need to tell your desktop to leave a copy of the email on the server for X amount of days. the instructions to do that will differ depending on what email client your using. You must be using sync because when you open your email client on your desktop it downloads all your email removing it from the server, the TP thinks its been deleted from the server so it deletes it as well. Hope this helps
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Xcurrent is a n00b

Thanks, I understand that I can increase the time left on the server using my desktop email client (Outlook) but I'm unclear as your comment "You must be using sync" . I don't sync (via a USB) the touch pro to my desktop. Are you saying I should (sync) if I want to retain my work/home email on the TP. Again, I appreciate any advice you might have. r/rob
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
N00b
Carrier: Telus

jsalh is becoming a great contributor

When you set up your email - are you using a POP3 or IMAP. If I understand correctly, POP3 downloads email from the server and then deletes it from the server or keeps for x amount of days. Whereas, IMAP allows you to keep everything in sync - so for example, I have a TELUS (ISP provided) email address… I have my PC and my TP2 downloading emails from TELUS. If I log into TELUS's server - I can see all the emails as well, but if I delete one email from my PC - it will delete it from the server, which will delete it from my TP2; in short it keeps all multiple email destinations in sync.

Google also does the same - you can setup Gmail with POP3 settings or IMAP settings.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Xcurrent is a n00b

I'm using POP3 versus IMAP. With the BB it didn't matter (POP) in that email on the server before I downloaded to my desktop (via MsOutlook) stayed on the BB even though it was no longer (after downloading to desktop) on my server.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung s3 BABY!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

pmeunier is keeping up the good workpmeunier is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcurrent View Post
Thanks, I understand that I can increase the time left on the server using my desktop email client (Outlook) but I'm unclear as your comment "You must be using sync" . I don't sync (via a USB) the touch pro to my desktop. Are you saying I should (sync) if I want to retain my work/home email on the TP. Again, I appreciate any advice you might have. r/rob
Right, you are syncing OTA (over the air) with your phone. Your email client is updating your phone live as it happens so when you download your email to your desktop it is being removed from the email server. Once its been removed from the server the server is updating your phone. Since there is no email on the server, your phone is deleting those messages too. If your using outlook on your desktop you can tell it to leave a copy ov the email on your server for a specified amout of time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2