PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - GSM, 6.5 Stock SEA
Carrier: Vodafone-India

sexkgp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noob...Plz Help

I would like to back up my smses with the help of My Phone, but unfortunately we at India are yet to get 3G, hence backing up with EDGE currently available is not at all viable can anyone plz help with suggestions whether I could backup using my broadband connection thru my PC.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Noob...Plz Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexkgp View Post
I would like to back up my smses with the help of My Phone, but unfortunately we at India are yet to get 3G, hence backing up with EDGE currently available is not at all viable can anyone plz help with suggestions whether I could backup using my broadband connection thru my PC.
yes you can backup ppc using pc if thats the question.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - GSM, 6.5 Stock SEA
Carrier: Vodafone-India
Threadstarter

sexkgp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
yes you can backup ppc using pc if thats the question.
Plz tell me how I only want to back up my smses.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I think either Sprite backup or SPB backup can do that, look for those
Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

SPB Backup works great. That is what I use. It does scheduled backups everyday and is very simple to use. A google search will come up with the program....or you could ask around on here and see if there is a 'trial' version or something similar. Darren (the user in the post 3 above this one) may be able to help you get in the right direction

Don't click me
Old 04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
SPB Backup works great. That is what I use. It does scheduled backups everyday and is very simple to use. A google search will come up with the program....or you could ask around on here and see if there is a 'trial' version or something similar. Darren (the user in the post 3 above this one) may be able to help you get in the right direction
heres the link with i think 3 backups free trial.
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/backup/
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Hrm... I THINK the OP was asking how to backup his "SMS" messages with Microsoft MyPhone, but he cannot do so because of limitations in India.

If that is correct, I would suggest trying to backup using a WiFi network. If you are still unable to do so and would like to backup your messages another way, you can use PIM Backup (gives you the option to backup messages, appointments, contacts, and more) http://www.dotfred.net/

You can then copy the backup file to your desktop in case you need it again.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

you can do PIM back up, will back up text messages..just turn phone into airplane mode when restoring, or else will resend like a mother.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

Help Me Help You

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2