PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   pimbackup not running under scheduler (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118439)

skhan 04-18-2010 07:20 PM

pimbackup not running under scheduler

Since I updated to Sprint wm 6.5, my automatic backup is not running. I tried to retrieve the schedule and save it again, but the backup never works. I have to run a backup manually.

Any ideas. BTW just to let you know I have extracted the pimbackup into \Storage Card\Backup. Couldnt find any installer so it would install.

touch-this-pro 04-18-2010 10:47 PM

Re: pimbackup not running under scheduler

Quote:

Originally Posted by skhan (Post 1705911)
Since I updated to Sprint wm 6.5, my automatic backup is not running. I tried to retrieve the schedule and save it again, but the backup never works. I have to run a backup manually.

Any ideas. BTW just to let you know I have extracted the pimbackup into \Storage Card\Backup. Couldnt find any installer so it would install.

I would recommend to move the pimbackup on the mobile memory instead of the storage card and see if this solves the problem.

skhan 04-18-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touch-this-pro (Post 1706215)
I would recommend to move the pimbackup on the mobile memory instead of the storage card and see if this solves the problem.

I will try that out tonight but that should not be a problem since wm 6.1 was working fine that way.

Does anyone have a better contact backup tool. I dont like "My phone" or other online backups. I dont trust these places even with their privacy statements.

Thanks in advance.

touch-this-pro 04-18-2010 11:51 PM

well, your sms and all your contacts are online whether you like it or not (pending if Sprint wants to releases them or not). So, having them online with microsoft is no different in principle with having them online with sprint (i am sure sprint keeps a backup of all sms of everybody somewhere, just think about it).

Try using Jeyo mobile companion, great tool (not free)

sebo 04-18-2010 11:51 PM

i have no problem with this on 6.5 rom.. then again i have pim on device memory and save backups to storage card.. don't forget to "validate" the schedule.

psycho_maniac 04-19-2010 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i hate how pimbackup is just an appliaction and it doesnt install so i made a cab that installs pimbackup to /program files/pimbackup/

i found them ONCE but i cannt find them again the schedule portions of the app. since i should be getting a lot of time lately maybe i can find that again

what this cab does is:

puts "pimbackup" to ./program files/pimbackup/

changes the icon to what silence had in his roms when he had pimbackup in his roms. thanks to silence for sharing the icon

also if the icon doesnt change from the original icon you may have to soft reset.

skhan 04-20-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skhan (Post 1706305)
I will try that out tonight but that should not be a problem since wm 6.1 was working fine that way.

Does anyone have a better contact backup tool. I dont like "My phone" or other online backups. I dont trust these places even with their privacy statements.

Thanks in advance.

Well I tried it last night and it didnt work. I have the following \Backup\pimbackup.exe and the backups go to \storage card\backup.

Any other ideas. Why would there be a difference between the scheduler for 6.5 and 6.1. I never made any modifications on my storage card and it kept on working.

Any Idea how I can pull the scheduler from the registry and if it has a logfile that explains why it is not running.

I am so used to unix and can see the cron log if there are problems with the execution.

psycho_maniac 04-20-2010 02:41 PM

idk man ive been running 6.5 for awhile now and my pimbackup works like its supposed to.

skhan 04-20-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1709246)
idk man ive been running 6.5 for awhile now and my pimbackup works like its supposed to.

Can you tell me where you have saved your exe and your backups. Maybe I am not doing the right thing. I used to have both on the storage card on 6.1 and everything worked fine.

psycho_maniac 04-20-2010 04:46 PM

PPCPimBackup.exe is in
./Program Files/PimBackup/

Backup files are in
./Storage Card/Backup/PIMBackup/

also when you schedule it make sure you run it after you schedule it. this might trigger the scheduler